BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Watermark in pdf hidden behind walls, roofs etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was made aware of an issue about a week ago. The watermarks (jpeg) that were being inserted into pdfs and set to "Appear behind page" were being obscured by walls and such. This happens in elevations and floor plans (I haven't tried a section yet as we haven't needed to). It happens when printing from the layouts as well. It appears that anything that has a fill hides the watermark.

The process is, open the elevation, marquee to select print area, ctrl p to print, use Cute pdf writer (although I've used many other writers with the same results). Open the pdf and add the watermark.

We are using AC24 now and I can only trace this back as far as AC23 as any .pln that I have prior to that has no issue showing the watermark when set to appear behind page. I've tested it on many older plans.

I've been trying to figure this out on my own but to no avail. I'm not sure if it is something that we have done or if something changed in AC23.

I was hoping someone could try to reproduce this or, if it's a known issue, direct me on how to fix it.
I've done searches but came up dry.

Just realized I need to update my profile.

Thanks for any help.

Doug
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just realized something else. When elevations and floor plans are placed on layouts, the walls etc. hide anything behind them that is on the Master Layout. The placed views have a transparent background so all other areas within the frame of the view show the Master Layout Items.

As before, I went back to some older plans and found that anything on the Master Layout showed over the walls.
Didn't know if this might help. I have no idea what's going on here!

Doug
Barry Kelly
4thorns wrote:
I just realized something else. When elevations and floor plans are placed on layouts, the walls etc. hide anything behind them that is on the Master Layout. The placed views have a transparent background so all other areas within the frame of the view show the Master Layout Items.

As before, I went back to some older plans and found that anything on the Master Layout showed over the walls.
Didn't know if this might help. I have no idea what's going on here!

Doug

Is it anything to do with this option in the master layout settings?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!