BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

We want to buy a Rendering Computer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys our office would like to buy or have built a computer just for rendering our models.

I am wondering if you guys have any advice on what we should make sure we have to be as fast as possible.

We would also like to run Vista for this.

Thanks.

-Oh and our Z Corp 3D printer arrived and is being instaled today!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Rodrigo wrote:
Now I use it for Lightworks and that lets me have 2 projects rendering while I use another ArchiCAD session to work on another project. This causes absolutely no slow down for me, which is great.

Yo, Rodrigo.

With adequate RAM and two processing channels, one can certainly render and work in separate Archicad sessions, but rendering WILL be slower unless you are using realistic sun or supreme anti-aliasing - routines limited to one processor.

Lol, Dwight, what I meant to say is that it doesn't cause any slow down for me in the project I'm working on. Or maybe I should say there is no noticeable lag in ArchiCAD. I realize that there has to be some slow down, but it's not enough for me to really worry about it.

😉 Hopefully I'll see you back here in Calgary soon Dwight. Talk to you later.
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Hi guys our office would like to buy or have built a computer just for rendering our models.

I am wondering if you guys have any advice on what we should make sure we have to be as fast as possible.

We would also like to run Vista for this.

Thanks.

-Oh and our Z Corp 3D printer arrived and is being instaled today!
A render node along side of your workstation would be great.

NVIDIA Tesla for CUDA.
http://www2.pny.com/MarketingPromotions/sc07/sc07promotion.aspx

check this out too. http://www.nvidia.com/object/tesla_gpu_processor.html

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!