Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

What happened to ArtLantis in ArchiCAD 10?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got ArchiCAD 10, and was mostly very happy with it until I discovered I can no longer make any ArtLantis 4.5 (or any other version) files from my 3D window.

What happened, and where did my ArtLantis access go to? Was there a falling out between Abvent and Graphisoft that I am not aware of?

....and my biggest question, will this be soon be corrected by Graphisoft?
If not, I am in trouble.

Grenderer
13 REPLIES 13
Rakela Raul
Participant
Announcement: Add-on Export from ArchiCAD 10 to Artlantis R-Studio is ready on Abvent web page:

http://artlantis.com/download/update

Alain Picard
Abvent
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I saw this already. Thank you, but I have ArtLantis 4.5, not ArtLantis R-Studio. Does this plug work for 4.5 too?

grenderer
Rakela wrote:
Announcement: Add-on Export from ArchiCAD 10 to Artlantis R-Studio is ready on Abvent web page:

Alain Picard
Abvent
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried it....it doesn't work. Guess my only alternative is to get Artlantis R-Studio....

grenderer wrote:
Yes, I saw this already. Thank you, but I have ArtLantis 4.5, not ArtLantis R-Studio. Does this plug work for 4.5 too?

grenderer
Rakela wrote:

Alain Picard
Abvent
Djordje
Ace
grenderer wrote:
Just tried it....it doesn't work. Guess my only alternative is to get Artlantis R-Studio....
You won't be sorry.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
grenderer wrote:
You won't be sorry.
Yeah, you're right, Djordje.
I needed to do this anyway.

Todd
Anonymous
Not applicable
No support for Artlantis 4.5 in 10?

We've been holding off upgrading to -R until Studio comes out - then we can review all our rendering options (incl other software) as we need the movie capability that isn't available in R.

Fortunately Abvent are indicating June for Studio, and by the time we get 10 here in Australia....there will hopefully not be a large gap!
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis wrote:
No support for Artlantis 4.5 in 10?

We've been holding off upgrading to -R until Studio comes out - then we can review all our rendering options (incl other software) as we need the movie capability that isn't available in R.

Fortunately Abvent are indicating June for Studio, and by the time we get 10 here in Australia....there will hopefully not be a large gap!
The good news is that I can still use 4.5 with 9 until Studio comes out, so I'm OK too.

Todd
stefan
Expert
I don't expect Abvent to do major efforts to old 4.5 users with the new ArchiCAD... You could try import 3ds-models from ArchiCAD 10.

The newer R and Studio generation is a good improvement over the older 'classic'. And yes, you'll have to wait for animation with Studio.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
I must open AC10 data in AC 9 in order to save as Artl.4.5 file.
It must work.
I will try this way.