BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

What is the extent of CONTROLLING Marker Graphics?

DaveOlufs
Participant
In my efforts to set up and learn AC, I keep running into format problems. I am concerned about the appearance of my drawings and it seems my level of CONTROL is limited by the application. See the attached PNG.

This may seem ridiculous but I don't like the look and can't modify the text location. Is there a solution or do I live with this...?

This is just one of many items where AC seems so stiff and rigid in its set up, that the user must settle for what has been programmed. I take great pride in the quality and look of my drawings and find this frustrating if I cannot totally CONTROL the graphic output. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
4 REPLIES 4
Erich
Contributor
David,

Which detail marker are you using? The ones I have played with typically read the height of the font and space the text accordingly. There have been some issues with certain fonts not working well depending on the version of OSX used and the font used, but this is a system level issue not an AC issue. Have you tried using a different font?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dave:

This thread discusses a similar problem, and changing the font was the solution:
Window marker offset

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
....and related to David's link that addresses the issue, Dave, if you do not have another font that you like for the marker text (easiest solution), then there are at least two (?) more options - (1) modify the marker library part itself, or (2) use a font editor to edit your font and change the leading.

Your font looks like MrHand, but maybe not. I like to use MrHand for annotation, but found that several characters, including numbers, had odd spacing and/or vertical positioning so that annotation did not read as well as I liked, so I used a font editor's 30 day free trial period to modify the font to my liking. I cannot remember which one I used now ... it was one recommended in an old thread in one of the forums here. But, I tend to use Arial, Tahoma or something basic in my markers.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DaveOlufs
Participant
Thanks for everyone's reply. I thought my post did NOT post.

My Font is ArchiTXT which I've been using for years. It does have a tendency to set up HIGH in the text tool, no matter the CAD application. I suppose it would do it in WORD as well.

I'll try your suggestions and I'll let you know...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Learn and get certified!