BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

What settings for B & W line drawn elevations with surface fill, but no color of surface?

4hotshoes
Advisor
I have wrestled with changing elevation settings and have become very frustrated with no results as I want. I would like to know how to have color or no color on my building elevations. I also want to show fill patterns lightly for brick and siding and shingles. Can someone give me a failsafe step through guide that actually works. I keep poking around until I get it but I am not sure of the secret sequence that works.

Also, I noticed that I will change elevation settings according to the User Manual and nothing happens until I go to the drawing sheet where it does change. Could there be a bug?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The colour / no colour is an option in the elevation settings as I am guessing you already know.
This is not saved with the view settings so you will always have to change it.
Unless you set up 2 sets of elevations, one for colour and one for no colour.

The pen for the hatching I find is best controlled in the 'Surface' settings.
There you can control the pen (colour and thickness) that you want to associate to that hatch for that surface.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
4hotshoes
Advisor
Barry wrote:
The colour / no colour is an option in the elevation settings as I am guessing you already know....
Barry.
Actually, I have not figured out the process, which is why I am asking. Is there a script or video to follow? I have spent hours of frustration only to have once upon a time made it work by accident and still do not know how I did it. Too many variables that have to be all set up I guess.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Barry Kelly
Here is how you control the colour of surfaces in the elevation/section settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!