BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

What should I do with the stairs in the structural drawing?

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

In the structural drawing, the tread and riser should disappear first. How can this be done?

AC27 on window 11
5 REPLIES 5
Andrii Levko
Expert

Deselect "finish" in the stair settings dialog. Alternatively you can use Profile for riser and tread and select "Finish" for this components  in Profile Manager, and then select display "without finishes" in Partial Structure Display.

But as I have notice, it only works for 2D Sections and for 3D views, but doesn't works for 2D plans.

By the way, it would be nice if the Partial Structure Display had an impact on the display for 2D plans of the stairs structure as well.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

I'm working on version 25.
I don't understand, so please attach an image if possible.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1655124676602.png

If finish is off, tread & riser cannot be used.

AC27 on window 11

Are you saying it can't be done on a floor plan?

AC27 on window 11

You have to select  Profile Tread 25 in dialog settings and then apply your profile:

Step 1 and step 2

Tread.JPG

Then select "finish" for your component:

Step 3

Tread profile.JPG

and then select display "without finishes" in Partial Structure Display.

But as I mentioned above, it only works for 2D Sections and for 3D views, but doesn't works for 2D plans:

Tread_1.JPGTread_2.JPGTread_3.JPGTread_4.JPG

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

But remember, when you select "Without finishes", all components that have a "finish" marker in the project will disappear. So it is a solution for some simply cases only.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Learn and get certified!