BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Where's Boris?

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here's a bit of fun for everyone and a chance to hone your BIMx navigation skills!

ENTER TO WIN A $100 VISA GIFT CARD! Download the BIMx project, open the project in the free BIMx app and find the codes on Boris. Enter your answers in the survey. Brought to you by BIM6x. Winner announced next month! Good luck!

Cheers,
Link.

05f2cd2c-418c-422a-801c-41a2372eaf78.png

22 REPLIES 22
Karl Ottenstein
Sorry, I still do not see this as an Ad. If anything, it is an ad for BimX ... which is a Graphisoft product and therefore doesn't go into the "ad" section, but into this forum. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Sorry, I still do not see this as an Ad. If anything, it is an ad for BimX ... which is a Graphisoft product and therefore doesn't go into the "ad" section, but into this forum. 😉
Thank you for clearing this up, Karl.

This does sets a precedent for a few interesting marketing opportunities to promoting goods and services on this forum as long as GS products are mentioned... Product placement anyone? 🙂

Mental note to ourselves: need to get our forum post count to "Senior Member", so we can all get the credibility needed to start bullying other users in an oddly personal and unprofessional manner. 🙂
Eduardo Rolon
Anton,

I have no idea what your problem with this is, but you asked a question, a moderator answered it and now you are calling another user names, so please take it easy.
-----
If I follow your logic I could ask you to remove from your signature the Consulting, Training etc part since that means that every single post you make is an AD for your services which is the Letter of the Law but not the Spirit of the Law.

I could argue both sides of the issue but I side with Karl since this might be a good "game" to entice somebody to play with BimX that otherwise would not. So IMO it should not expire in 30 days.
-----
and yes, Link has privileges that no one else has (free drinks at my place for one), the same as any senior member and part of AC-Talk's founding group. Maybe you will also get them someday when you earn them.

PS.
Anything Karl says is Law
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
repost for emphasis
ejrolon wrote:
Seriously, all respect to guys like Link, Karl & Eduardo, who really made this forum a legit resource when it was the only resource guys like me had getting started in AC 10 years ago!

Awesome BIMx model by the way Link! I love the idea of attaching even mundane info the elements for BIMx. Makes me feel that WWA needs to invest in new iPads instead of MBP's for field work and const. admin. this fall!
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
No arguments here.
I have outmost respect for Karl and all the work he's done here for many years moderating this forum in an unquestionably professional manner.

ejrolon wrote:
Anton,
I have no idea what your problem with this is, but you asked a question, a moderator answered it and now you are calling another user names, so please take it easy.
Eduardo, with all my respect, I think you might have gotten this backwards. I didn't call anyone names. I did, however, try to bring a rather questionable (in my opinion) forum behavior into a spotlight.
This is the quote from this thread I am referring to:
Link wrote:
If the rest of the experience is making you queasy, perhaps you can put your iPad 1 away and have a lie-down? Then perhaps study for the next ARCHICAD Competency Challenge?
General style aside, I can sense a certain patronizing tone in reference to ARCHICAD Online Test and I think I need to give a little background on why ARCHICAD Online Test is important and why I take it seriously.

I perceive ARCHICAD Online Test as a self-improvement opportunity allowing anyone to highlight the areas of knowledge he/she might have overlooked in their research. This approach helps me, for instance, arrive at a best possible solution when the need arises. The fact that I have the highest score on a Hall of Fame roster does not imply that I know ArchiCAD better than anyone else. It implies that I research my areas of interest to the best of my abilities before I take any actions.
ejrolon wrote:
If I follow your logic I could ask you to remove from your signature the Consulting, Training etc part since that means that every single post you make is an AD for your services which is the Letter of the Law but not the Spirit of the Law.
Being a forum Moderator, you, certainly, could and I would comply, but I don't think it is applicable.
My signature does not contain any promotional material. It simply outlines my life-long relationship with ArchiCAD and states areas of interest. The only link in my signature leads to Graphosoft website and there is no contact information I can take financial advantage of. If you were to enforce the Law, my signature would, most likely, stay the same and some other ones would have to change.
ejrolon wrote:
and yes, Link has privileges that no one else has ... , the same as any senior member and part of AC-Talk's founding group.
This, I might have a slight problem with.

I don't think the number of posts or attribution to AC-Talk's inner circle should give anyone a right to harass other forum members, even if the resulting text is bracketed by smile emojis.
I also hope that this isolated bullying incident does not transform into mobbing.
Eduardo Rolon
Anton, just to be clear.

From my point of view, the one who is harassing, bullying and derailing this thread is you, not Link nor Karl.

-----

This is were you started to go wrong and the reason to indicate that you started to call names.
Anton wrote:

p.s. As BIMx promotion goes, "BIM6x Where's Boris" file is rather poor representation of BIMx experience.…
The one you quote for Link was his mistake also. But since sarcasm is difficult to moderate In my case I let both stand. Both of you gave and took shots at each other so no problem there.

-----

But you keep accusing me and all moderators of being unethical etc.

So let my position be clear. Yes I will give the benefit of the doubt to long standing members who have contributed to this community. They have earned my trust and thanks.

This also applies to new people and that was the reason for the emoji, if you are new and your contributions are worth I would err to your benefit and if you make a mistake I usually send a direct message indicating it and if that one does not work then a public one and if that one does not then the Moderation hammer. My mistake here was not sending you the direct message first and for that I am sorry. Hope this clarifies the part you are having issue with.

Anyway, to reiterate

Two moderators have indicated that we don't consider this an Ad (both gave our reasons) and therefore it can remain here. It has nothing to do with Link's standing or post count.

You don't agree, as is your right, but based on that you have decided to "attack" our integrity by implying that we are making an exception of the rules "because of reasons…" This is not correct behavior

This was your second mistake and the reason for my first post.
Anton wrote:

This does sets a precedent for a few interesting marketing opportunities to promoting goods and services on this forum as long as GS products are mentioned... Product placement anyone? 🙂

Mental note to ourselves: need to get our forum post count to "Senior Member", so we can all get the credibility needed to start bullying other users in an oddly personal and unprofessional manner. 🙂 .…
Emphasis mine.

Let me be clear again. This does not set a precedent nor being a senior member give access to bullying or being unprofessional.

Since this has gone definitively off topic this is going to be my last post on this matter
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Since this has gone definitively off topic this is going to be my last post on this matter
Clear. No issues. Case closed.
Karl Ottenstein
Next to last word (as Laszlo always has the last word) - and hopefully last word from me. I've been dealing with a failing SSD for 2 days so am just checking back in...

The sarcasm and belittling was unprofessional from all who did it, but we're past that now I hope...

But, I finally do see Anton's issue which I didn't see at all earlier as frankly I read only the post and not Link's signature. I tend to agree with Anton that Link's signature is an ad and does not follow forum guidelines for providing platform, OS and version of AC - instead having two lines, both of which link to products/services that he sells. We had a big discussion of this several times over the years - I think when Djordje was site admin first and again since Laszlo has become site admin and had decided that these clandestine ads were not allowed - as they appear in EVERY post from the person everywhere on the forum. (The signature is not archival text, but is retrieved "live" from the database each time any post is viewed.)

So... I appreciate the kind words from you guys and the sense of empowerment - but in reality, Laszlo Nagy' word as the Site Administrator is law, so I'll ask him to weigh in. I value everyone's comments here.

And, back to the meat of the topic - good luck to anyone playing with BIMx and Link's model that you might win the VISA gift card. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I had discussed this at length with Laszlo a couple of years ago and it was actually his suggestion to include any self-promotion in ones signature. Something that he has agreed on with GRAPHISOFT. Other people on this forum have abused the advertising rules in the past and I made it clear to him that I didn't want to be one of them.

As I said if it really means this much to Anton - and it is indeed a violation of rules then please move it to the Ads section. The aim was to provide a fun experience and highlight a great app, not get positive or negative publicity. We don't want to be somewhere where we're not welcome. But we also didn't receive any such bad feedback in any other forum we posted this to! For the record apart from a little brand recognition and some feel-good we get nothing else out of these. They cost us $100 in gift cards and a bunch of time. But we will continue to do them and have some even tougher ARCHICAD puzzles planned.

As for bullying?! I added emoticons to signify a sense of sarcasm/joking which I thought would have been clear. I think a mountain has been made out of this molehill. Let's stop complaining and get back to helping each other. This is what the forum was founded on.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ok, guys, I guess I need to weigh in. (I was on vacation for a few days.)
I will have to consult with my bosses at GRAPHISOFT so I can respond with something that can be considered as an official GRAPHISOFT view.
I will get back to you shortly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27