BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Where's Boris?

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here's a bit of fun for everyone and a chance to hone your BIMx navigation skills!

ENTER TO WIN A $100 VISA GIFT CARD! Download the BIMx project, open the project in the free BIMx app and find the codes on Boris. Enter your answers in the survey. Brought to you by BIM6x. Winner announced next month! Good luck!

Cheers,
Link.

05f2cd2c-418c-422a-801c-41a2372eaf78.png

22 REPLIES 22
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So, after consulting with GRAPHISOFT, here is the answer:

Yes, using posts to promote one's products or service is contrary to the Forum rules. Normally we move such posts to the Ads forum. However, if the post is about some free and useful content that is beneficial for the ARCHICAD-Talk community, (not a promotion of a product or service), that is OK.

Yes, it is allowed to use links in your Signature that point to your web site or a product or a service you are offering. However, it all has to be ARCHICAD-related since this is an ARCHICAD-forum. We usually ban any user that places non-ARCHICAD-related promotional links into their posts or their signature (especially if they have no posts since those are surely spammers).

Also, we prefer users promoting themselves in Signatures only after they have shown that they have contributed to the ARCHICAD-Talk community. We feel users with 100 posts or more have demonstrated this. (So Anton could also do this in his signature as he has more than 100 posts.)

GRAPHISOFT feel this is something contributors to ARCHICAD-Talk deserve. The Signature's length is limited, so it is not possible to create very large signatures full of promo stuff and links.

We will update the Etiquette page of the Forum so there is a written reference anyone can turn to if there is any question about this topic.

I hope this clarifies things. If anyone has any other questions, please ask.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Stress Co_
Advisor
Could have sworn I saw Boris Ripping down Baldy.
Boris.jpg
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
Could have sworn I saw Boris Ripping down Baldy.
*Like*