BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

White Surfaces in Bimx

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi all, Why am I getting all white surfaces in the 3D model coming out as light gray in the Hyper model? Both the 3D model and Hyper model use the internal /open GL engine so why are they not the same?

Earlier versions of Bimx use to open in the Hyper model, now it opens in the 3D model and you have to select the "browse hyper model" then "open 3D model" when I only have the one view. Is this the normal way now?

Any quick setting to stop all the weird shadows created at the intersection walls to ceilings and sometimes furniture sitting close to the walls?

Cheers
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
12 REPLIES 12
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hopefully the two instances attached
Looks like it worked, thanks Laszlo
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not sure about the desktop application (haven't used it in forever), but on the mobile app you can switch the display settings to 'simple lighting' or some such (sorry the app is in Dutch) under shadow settings, which basically gets rid of any global illumination shadows and such darkening corners and affecting surface light. It also adds edge lines in black, making everything look more illustrative (if that is even a word, if not, I'm coining it!). Allthough you do end up wit some unwanted lines here and there.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brett wrote:
Hopefully the two instances attached
Looks like it worked, thanks Laszlo
Great news Brett, so that setting change did have the desired positive effect.
I will let the developer know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!