BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

White fills printing black in Plotmaker

I'm trying to figure out why white (pen 91) solid fills are printing as solid black in Plotmaker. The pen settings appear correct, the screen display is correct, and it prints correctly directly from AC to an HP LaserJet. But when I print from Plotmaker to an HP DesignJet, I'm getting solid black. (So all the door tags are solid black dots, for example.) I can use an "empty fill" to get it to print correctly, but I'm stumped as to why I need to. Any ideas? (No difference between color printing and greyscale, BTW.) TIA-
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
12 REPLIES 12
rm
Expert
Richard,
When 6.5 showed up, it messed up my templates for printing too.

My solution included doing the following:

1. I set up my pens in AC to have the desired on screen/print line weight I want.

2. I set up my pens in PM to have the same line weights and I change all my pens to Black in the setup except for my No. "3" pen. It is set to white.

3. Anything I want "printed" or "plotted" that I don't want to show up.....in otherwords "white" ink on black background, I select 100% solid fill in AC with my No. "3" pen.

Works like a charm....I'm guessing your pen is using "airspace" fill. If you want, you can send me a sample AC/PM file and I check the printing on my 650c.....btw, I use MACs, don't think that should make a differences.

Regards.
Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
rm wrote:
Works like a charm....I'm guessing your pen is using "airspace" fill. If you want, you can send me a sample AC/PM file and I check the printing on my 650c.....btw, I use MACs, don't think that should make a differences.
Well, Robert, you'd be guessing wrong. My pen is set to solid fill - white color, exactly as you've done. My only issue is that a solid fill with a white pen color is printing (but not plotting) solid black. "Empty fill" works fine, though.

This is undoubtedly a Windows HP DesignJet driver issue (so I don't think printing through a MAC-based system will provide much useful information), but with the workarounds available both of "printing" and using an empty fill, probably not worth expending much more energy on. But thanks for the offer!
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue with printing and plotting.

E.g when defining spaces (any color assigned to them)
when i print i get what i see at the screen
but when i plot (or get a plt) all is fine

Actually i examined the plt and saw that all fills of defined spaces are there but at a line width of Zero.

So i guess printing outputs what i see at screen and plot what i expect and defined
Learn and get certified!