Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

White wall texture

fuzzytnth3
Booster
From Dwight's book he says....

"There's just too much whiteness in the world, especially when there is no such thing as "white." Highly reflective surfaces immediately glare out and can't express the character of a scene. This is why texture should be applied to all neutral surfaces, surface reflectance and illustrations should combinations of tinted color-it simply makes surfaces more interesting than white light does."

While the above is good advice, I was wondering what folks had managed to put together as their favourite white wall texture for interior views?

I've attached an attribute file which is what we use as a starting point for a matt emulsion.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
14 REPLIES 14
Dwight
Newcomer
You've made this cold grey based in my nominal roughness surface.
I suggest that the ideal neutral surface is achieved if you reduce blue from 234 to 226 for a slightly warm tint.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you give me an understanding of how an attribute file is used? How is it created and how to load it in a new material? Foe example the download of this file is named AMA White Emulsion Matt.aat,when you make a new material in Internal engine and find the material to load it searches and tries to load it but is not succesfull. Is there a special way to load this file to a new material? Then if you want to change the color or texture say to create a stressed wall how do you combine the the properties of this wall surface with a texture?
Dwight
Newcomer
AAT Attribute files are stored attributes of many properties.
You employ the Attribute Manager to append new attributes to an existing file.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
Dwight
Newcomer
As for the rest of your question, that takes a small essay to explain.

There happens to be a chapter in my book that clarifies how to work with textures and shaders in LightWorks that is of some applicability with the Infernal Engine.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
will check it out.
thanks again
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Use the Attribute Manager command to import the material settings. The material I've made is intended to be used with the Lightworks rendering engine not the Internal REngine btw.

To select which engine ArchiCAD will use to Photorender adjust the Photorendering settings in the Creative Imaging command.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have now realized that you need to load it as an attribute in Attribute Manager thanks to Dwight's advice and not as a materials image. You mentioned in your post that you use this material as a base Does that imply that you can change colors as well as bring in textures in the Infernal Engine also and maintain the great qualities of the original material? I would love to see an example of how you have used this material in another manner.
Dwight
Newcomer
Internal Engine only uses textures.
To take ANYTHING from LightWorks shaders means capturing an image from a rendered wall, ensuring that it is sized correctly.
Dwight Atkinson