Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Why do I keep getting "Update to Frame"

dcerezo
Advocate
Hey all,

I updated to AC 23 and I noticed that when I resize Drawings on my Sheets, I keep getting this "Update to Frame" or "Full Update" when I resize the frame. How do I turn that off? I don't remember this ever happening in AC22 and prior to that.

Thanks!
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Check this video on YouTube

It is a new feature of AC23 to reduce file size and improve performance.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Check this video on YouTube

It is a new feature of AC23 to reduce file size and improve performance.
James Badcock
dcerezo
Advocate
Thanks James!
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Jeff Kogut
Booster
I need a global work environment setting to disable all this BS. It just slows down the process more than the 1.5 seconds it takes to rebuild the model. I'm not drawing Olympic stadiums over here.

AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jeff, maybe you should make a wish for this, in which you could explain the reasons why you think such an option should be implemented. Then we can vote on it and if it gets enough support, we can submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Did you ever make a wish for it? 

I'm on your side Jeff. 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

To turn off this crop feature, you can uncheck "Crop Drawing to Frame" in the Drawing Settings, under Frame.

James Badcock

So you can select all drawings in the Drawing Manager and turn this setting off for all of them at once.

Then don't forget to turn it off in the default settings for the drawing tool, then all new drawings you place will have the setting you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I'll check this out right away!

So much to learn.. 🙂

Thanks

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

@James B Slightly different take on this. I agree with @Jeff Kogut but I don't think the issue is how to turn off the cropping, I think it is something AC should manage automatically. AC should remove the need for user intervention. That way GS see the speed improvements and the user doesn't have to respond to disruptive questions. Every time I see this prompt the answer is Yes, so why ask?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!