Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Why do my lights not export to Artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Why do my lights in ArchiCAD not export to Artlantis, they appear in Artlantis but i cant alter them and they dont admit any light?

Lockers
13 REPLIES 13
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Make sure you have the checkbox selected next to LIGHTS in the export panel... The Geometry of the fixture itself will export regardless... but the LIGHT source can be filtered out of the export by this checkbox..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi vfrontiers, thanks for your reply.

The lights checkbox in the Artlantis export window is grayed out so i cant alter it? The lights i am sure are halogen lights, that wouldn't make any difference would it? Its a student version of artlantis, does that matter?
Karl Ottenstein
No problems exporting the halogen light to Artlantis with the checkbox fully enabled. You are doing a "Save As" from the 3D window as Artlantis 3, right?

Please update your Profile (text link below top blue bar of this page) to show your ArchiCAD and Artlantis versions and the platform you're running them on. My guess is that your Artlantis export add-on may be out of date. Check the Artlantis web site to make sure both your version of Artlantis and the plug-ins are up to date.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I don't know anything about the student versions..... sorry...

But it may be a blessing in disquise..

I always end up adding my own ARTLANTIS lights anyway... It's easier to control the "layer" that they're on (LIGHT GROUP)... And I typically use light fixtures that aren't necessarily LIGHTS in ArchiCAD...

So you know you can add your own ArtLantis lights inside of artlantis, right?

Just click on the ADD LIGHT button in the LIGHT Info palette..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
watch from 0:22 to 0:55:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUqvzyEYbzc
it is in polish but should be easy to understand 🙂
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys,

Yeah I have been doing a save as from the 3D window, and saving it as a Artlantis Studio 3 file.

I didnt know i could add lights in Artlantis, I'll give it a go tomorrow at work (i dont have the software on my home computer) but i'll have a go tomorrow and if its not working i'll post another reply.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Rafel
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

What am i missing here!! I've attached a screen shot of my model in Artlantis, how do i: A) add lights in Artlantis and B) how do i control the ones I've exported from ArchiCAD?????

Thanks
Artlantis.JPG
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Turn on the CONTROLLER palette...

1. By clicking on the LIGHT icon in the TOOLS
- A LIGHT GROUP(or groups) will be displayed in the CONTROLLER P.
- Check to see if there are ANY LIGHTS here... if not, they did not export
- If there ARE lights and they are in regular font...
- Right Click on the GROUP NAME and choose ACTIVATE FOR CURRENT VIEW

2. You can also open the 2d VIEW dialog and look for little YELLOW dots in plan view
- If the dots are DIM yellow... light is NOT ACTIVE IN VIEW (see above)
- If light is DARK yellow... light is ACTIVE

3. If there are NO LIGHTS (actually there may be one default light)
- Either the LIGHTS in ArchiCAD are not REAL LIGHTS (just fixture objects / no light source)
- Or your EXPORT has them switched off (see previous posts)

4. If you see there ARE lights, SELECT ONE and make sure you're in the LIGHT TOOL
- Check the setting of each light to make sure they are ON (there's an on/off switch)
- And make sure they have power..

In your scene, it will be difficult to see the effects of the light since your SUN is on and providing light.

Anyway... run thru this list and let me know if there is any news...
Duane

Visual Frontiers