Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Why would all of the layouts suddenly lose there viewmaps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you click on any of the layouts, they no longer display the views associated with them. The views are still shown in the tree, but they will not display.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
My office has this very same problem, on 4 different workstations. The linked views in the layout tree display as views with blank names. The drawing, i.e.: the actual view with the lines, still appears on the layout sheet, but in the layout book file tree the attached view icons appear under the layout sheet but with no name. It happens about 15-25% of the time. In order to fix it, we have to re-link the views, which is very irritating, but it doesn't seem to happen to those views again.

I would love to find out how to prevent this from happening at all.

Zolli
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed that I can correct this situation for individual layouts by changing the layer to the correct layer in the layout. This may be the problem, as when you go to open the next view, you now have to correct the layer as it changed when you set the previous layer.
It is only happening for a few layouts, so I am assuming that it is happening because the layer was set in the layout instead of in the plan document. On some projects, I do M,E,P and can usually do the drawing all on one layer, especially the spec. The same thing for the Drawing Title Sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm, maybe I misunderstood you. When you say:
this situation for individual layouts by changing the layer to the correct layer in the layout.
What do you mean? The layer of what object? Or do you mean the layer combination for that particular layout sheet?
you go to open the next view, you now have to correct the layer as it changed when you set the previous layer.
Do you mean "Set the previous layer" in order to draw stuff? Or do you mean you have to re-select the layer combination for the particular layout?
the layer was set in the layout instead of in the plan document.
Do you mean the layer combination for the view? the project map? the layout?

Also, very important: do you happen to have a CadImage add-on? Or at least a layer called something like "Archicad layer-master" that you can't delete?

I think I might know what your problem is, but I need your answers to make sure....

Oh and what version are you using?

Zolli
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am the type of visual person if i see it the it is more clear to me...With taht said, if I am hearing correctly when you open up a layout nothing appears on the sheet? try clicking [show all layers] after that make sure your saved views are on appropriate displaying layers, also verify links. Hope I understood and provided helpful information.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And a new, last question--are you saving layer combinations? I read some of your other posts, and it seems that this may have been an early problem.

I mean no offense if this is old news for you, but after you select, in the layers dialogue box, the layers you want to display for a particular plan or section/elevation/detail view (i.e. a Floor Finish Plan, or a Foundation Plan, etc.), before you click OK and close the layer dialogue box, you have to go to the left side where the Layer Combination Names are listed and click "New." Create a name for the new layer combo, such as "Notes Plan," and there you have it. You should assign this layer combo "Notes Plan" to any new View you create that you intend to place on a Layout sheet and use as your Notes Plan.

If you need to add/remove or hide/show layers from this layer combination, make sure that once you have made the changes on the Layers box on the right side, that BEFORE you click OK you click UPDATE on the lower left of the dialogue box.

Maybe that will help

Zolli
Anonymous
Not applicable
danlawrence wrote:
I have noticed that I can correct this situation for individual layouts by changing the layer to the correct layer in the layout.
Do Not (edited: important missingword) use layer management within Layouts to display model views. This is done in the Layer Combinations within the Model view.
danlawrence wrote:
It is only happening for a few layouts, so I am assuming that it is happening because the layer was set in the layout instead of in the plan document.
Yes
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
danlawrence wrote:
It is only happening for a few layouts, so I am assuming that it is happening because the layer was set in the layout instead of in the plan document.
Sounds like a simple layer issue, where the layers of your drawings are hiding, is all. There are different attributes for the the modeling environment and the layouting environment. Maybe this will help?

Cheers,
Link.