Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Why zones are ignored if renovation status is "new construction" or "planned" ?

kosta
Booster

Hi, I set my drawing according to renovation status correctly, I have 2 new green walls and now I need to have zoning correctly but it looks like zone tool ignores everything except  "existing status"

how can I zone areas of future rooms ? 

zone renovation status.jpg

as you can see on left image it sones 2 areas correctly , but right image shows that it is ignored and zone sees only outer wall.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

what is the status of the green walls and the black walls (new, demo, existing)? and what is the status of the zones in each one? If the walls are new when green and the zone is existing, they will not correlate to each other; same if the walls are demo and zone is new... It's all about renovation status, not renovation filter... same reason a demo window shows as a new wall when placed in an existing wall when the renovation filter is set to "new"

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
felcunha
Expert

Just set new elements as default before putting your zones

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

what is the status of the green walls and the black walls (new, demo, existing)? and what is the status of the zones in each one? If the walls are new when green and the zone is existing, they will not correlate to each other; same if the walls are demo and zone is new... It's all about renovation status, not renovation filter... same reason a demo window shows as a new wall when placed in an existing wall when the renovation filter is set to "new"

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2