Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window/Door schedule annotation issue

When I use "annotate" function in window/door schedule onto frontal preview I always getting strange colours (feels like some graphic override is defined for annotation window) and view, snap and grid settings. I turn them of, but when I getting back into annotate windows settings getting back.

Issues in annotate window:
1. Weird graphic override when in "annotate" window;
2. Construction grid display turns on; 

3. Grid Snap turns on each time I open "annotate" window.

Anyone else facing same issue ?

Window_Door annotation.jpg
GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

7 REPLIES 7
Chris Grantham
Advocate

All of this is moot until Graphisoft fixes these views so that they can be displayed WITHOUT casing.  So stupid.  

16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005

I agree.  The casing is not helpful there at all.  Just makes it harder to find the correct nodes you want to dimension.  Auto Dimension for Annotations is not always adequate. 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

?  Newly added library parts or folders that have not yet been sent to the server are displayed in green. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Not sure, but I don't have any issues/duplicates in Library manager and working on local file.

ssd NVMe, Windows 11

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am very sorry for the experience!

I tried to reproduce the issue on a brand new file using Archicad 25, but was unable to recreate this. In the past, we had some reports in previous Archicad versions, but they were all resolved by now. May I ask which version you are having this issue with?

If we copy the window into a new empty file, does it also happen there? If not, the issue probably relates to this specific file only. If this is the case, may I ask for a copy of the file for a closer look?

Thank you very much for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Nguyen Minh,

Will contact you PM and share file.

ssd NVMe, Windows 11

Hello,

Thank you very much for the file!

After the investigation, we believe that this is a bug: The problem is with the criteria of the Gass- og Royktett graphic override rule. If you remove the Gass- og Røyktett (Custom Properties) criterion, the previews will be green.

But we think the schedule previews are correct, and the problem is with the annotation window. The mentioned property has a default value for the windows, not a custom value. When you open the annotation window, it somehow cannot find the property, the condition for the graphic override rule will be true, and the windows become green.

Thus we entered it into our defect database (DEF-7083). I hope that it will help you with the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you very much!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT