Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window Labels - all windows have same ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably a beginner error
I created some window favorites, but now that I have placed several of them they all have the same window ID even though they're different sizes. Is there a way to re-sequence my window and door IDs?
What should I have done different when saving the window favorite so when I place a new one it gets a new ID?

Marc
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you keep selecting from the list of favourites they will have the same ID as all settings are kept.

You can select windows in the order you want to number them then go to Document (menu) > Schedules and Lists > Element ID Manager to sort ID's. I have had varying results with this, though, but have not had to use it for a while - bugs may have been sorted out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx a lot - I tried selecting in sequence but it did not rename in sequence. So just ended up with the manual renaming, but thx for the guide to the ID manager - did not know that.
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
If you keep selecting from the list of favourites they will have the same ID as all settings are kept.
Unless you tell Archicad to ignore the ID by ticking the ID box for windows/doors then you will get a new ID each time you place a window.
It probably still won't be what you want so either manually change it or use the ID manager as Stuart suggested.

The attached image is for something similar but you need to go into the windows/doors section and tick the ID box.

Barry.
favourite_preferences_2.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome - Thx Barry. This is exactly what I was looking for. Unchecked the ID tick box for windows and now the favorites auto sequence from the number i start from.
Barry wrote:
s2art wrote:
Unless you tell Archicad to ignore the ID by ticking the ID box for windows/doors then you will get a new ID each time you place a window.
It probably still won't be what you want so either manually change it or use the ID manager as Stuart suggested.

The attached image is for something similar but you need to go into the windows/doors section and tick the ID box.

Barry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Just to add a little bit here.
The way I set the ID to the windows is a very quick way, but only if you don't mind which one is W01 or W02 etc... (because I still don't know how to tell archicad which window should be the W01) For this I use the Element ID manager and ask to Change ID by criteria as shown in the image below, and AC does it automatic. You can set any criteria you need. And in the ID Format Tab you can set whichever format you want.

BTW someone needs to teach to the spellcheck how to spell archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also use of manager but same size window show different I'd how can I change this ?