Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window Openings

Festim Idrizi
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask to the community, have anyone managed to fix this thing, so we need to present Fixed Glass with a cross on the middle, but there is no option of that sort, does anyone know how can I make a new option to show the cross whenever I put fixed glass?

*I am not much into GDL, but ready to go in if needed.

Thanks.

Window1.PNGFixed Glass.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Festim Idrizi
Contributor

Hello All,

Once again I am looking for help.

I would like to ask to the community, have anyone managed to fix this thing, so we need to present Fixed Glass with a cross on the middle, but there is no option for that, does anyone know how can I make a new option to show the cross whenever I put fixed glass?Normal GlassNormal Glass
Fixed Glass SignFixed Glass Sign

@Festim Idrizi ,

No need to make a new post on the same topic.

Just reply to your original post to 'bump' it to everyone's attention.

In my experience, fixed glazing does not show any symbol for the type of opening.

But I quite like the idea of a small '+' or 'x'.

If you are using the default windows from the Graphisoft library, you will have to put in a wish with your local support asking for this, as I don't believe it is an option with the standard windows - at least it does not seem to be with the windows in the AUS library.

If you are using other 3rd party windows, you will have to ask them.

Otherwise it would be a matter of drawing this on yourself.

Either manually with lines, or create your own object that you can place.

Or maybe save the lines as a label so you can place without the leader line.

This way it will be associated with the window and if you move/delete the window the label will move/delete as well.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JeffH
Enthusiast

You could create a new Symbol fill with the desired look, and create a "Fixed Glass" surface that has the newly created fill set as it's cover fill.

Then simply use that glass for the instances where it is a fixed window.

I don't know if or how you would be able to get it to center in each window though

AC24 / AC26
Win10

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your response. I will be putting this into a wish list since I don't like doing it manually everytime.

Kind Regards,

Hi Jeffh, did try it, but it's a bit complicated working with hatches.

Thanks for the Idea, didn't came up to my mind. 

Kind Regards, 
Festim