Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window Schedule Dimensions

I have a window schedule with automatic dimensioning + custom notes + dimensions (for mullions).
When placed on a layout none of the dimensions are showing up.

AC 23 Build 5005 US Full Mac
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
11 REPLIES 11
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Thomas

I have run into this as well, very annoying. the only
way I got around it (it wasn't a window schedule though)
was to change the dimensions to static.

Let me know if you come up with a different solution.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Could fix the original schedule - even with static dimensions. Finally created a completely new scheduler from scratch and so far so good.

When looking at schedules I noticed ArchiCAD 23 automatically adds beams and columns in the search criteria at the end of the list when moving a file from AC 21. Very strange. (This, however, had no bearing on the dimensioning glitch.)
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you for sharing the issue, and I am very sorry about the experience!

As far as I know, we had some reports about this behavior. Although most of them were fixed by recreating/replacing the schedule (as Thomas mentioned), unfortunately, we were unable to fix it completely, as there was a lack of information on how to replicate it. I would be extremely grateful if you could help us with recreating the issue!

Regarding the extra criteria added when you migrate from older Archicad files to version 23 (or 24), this is because, from AC23, the Beam and Column tools received some big changes. You can read more about it here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide-chapter/85002/#XREF_67017_Beam_and_Column

In short, due to these changes, you can now list Beams' and Columns' segments in schedules. To make sure that the files migrated from older versions work the same, Archicad 23 (and 24) will automatically add these criteria to keep the schedules unchanged.

I hope this answers your questions. Should you have any further issues, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

zoli79
Booster
This happened to me on several different projects on AC 23. I could say it is the norm. I tried creating one from scratch, exporting, importing a schedule and many others and this issue always came back. Sometimes it worked, but only for a moment and then they all disappeared on the layout.

Only solid workaround was to print a pdf from view and place that on the layout. Do I have to explain how unsatisfying that workaround is?
macOS Ventura, ArchiCAD 26 - USA version
zoli79
Booster
mnguyen wrote:
As far as I know, we had some reports about this behavior. Although most of them were fixed by recreating/replacing the schedule (as Thomas mentioned), unfortunately, we were unable to fix it completely, as there was a lack of information on how to replicate it. I would be extremely grateful if you could help us with recreating the issue!
Were you able to fix this in the upcoming build version? We are at 5005.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the reports we received so far only show us the "corrupted" state of the schedules. By deleting the corrupted schedules and place them again, the issue goes away. Thus, it is very hard for us to determine how the schedules can reach such state. I'm wondering if replacing the schedules helps you with the case?

To fix the bug totally, we definitely need a stable way to recreate the damaged schedule. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

zoli79
Booster
This issue seems to linger on.

Our template file is something that gets updated to the current AC version we are using, instead of starting a template from scratch whenever we switch to a newer ArchiCAD.

As recommended in this thread I recreated the schedule from scratch. Placed a few dimensions and finally placed the view on the layout. No dimensions on layout!

We use a clone folder for schedule views. This is where it gets interesting:
As a test I manually created a different view of the same schedule. This view did not display the dimensions I placed for a storefront (SF3). And vice versa: I annotated another window (SF4) from this manual view and these dimensions are not visible when opening the same schedule from the clone folder, I only see dimensions for SF3!
And the cherry on the top: the layout shows the dimensions for SF4, but the drawing itself is linked to the view in the clone folder. So when I right click on the drawing on the layout, choose open source view it shows dimensions for SF3, but not for SF4.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
zoli79 wrote:
This issue seems to linger on.

Our template file is something that gets updated to the current AC version we are using, instead of starting a template from scratch whenever we switch to a newer ArchiCAD.

As recommended in this thread I recreated the schedule from scratch. Placed a few dimensions and finally placed the view on the layout. No dimensions on layout!

We use a clone folder for schedule views. This is where it gets interesting:
As a test I manually created a different view of the same schedule. This view did not display the dimensions I placed for a storefront (SF3). And vice versa: I annotated another window (SF4) from this manual view and these dimensions are not visible when opening the same schedule from the clone folder, I only see dimensions for SF3!
And the cherry on the top: the layout shows the dimensions for SF4, but the drawing itself is linked to the view in the clone folder. So when I right click on the drawing on the layout, choose open source view it shows dimensions for SF3, but not for SF4.
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry to hear that the problem persists!

I am wondering if it is possible for me to have a look at the file to know exactly what the problem is about? Please let me know if you will need a secure place to upload the file.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

zoli79
Booster
mnguyen wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible for me to have a look at the file to know exactly what the problem is about? Please let me know if you will need a secure place to upload the file.
Yes, I would appreciate that! Thank you! I'll send you a PM.