Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window display in 2D - Full frame not showing with oversized frame

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

Is there a way to fix these missing lines for the 2D symbol of windows. It looks messy as is. Pic attached

Thanks in advanced
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, if the window frame will be oversize compared to wall width and you are using Symbolic display, yes the result will be as per what you are showing. Try to set floor plan display of your window to Projected. But this will result to a more detailed 2D view of your window. Then for MVO, try to adjust Floor Plan, Elevation, Section to a Medium and Simplified settings.

If you still prefer the Symbolic settings initially, you can adjust the window width to be same as wall for representations sake. I hope it helps!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your report and comment regarding this issue!

As far as I know, this is a limitation of how Archicad display windows contours in 2D in case the frame thickness is larger than the wall thickness. Could you help me to understand why this is necessary? In reality, usually, the wall is thicker than the window frame. The casing is a different part and can be set independently from the window frame.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Mihn, just my 2 cents.
I think the question here is not whether there is any case when this happens. I think there can be cases when there is no casing and the Frame is indeed thicker than the wall because that's how the architect or designer wants it.
I think the point here is that if you look at how the Window looks when the Floor Plan Display is set to "Projected" - that is how the Symbollc display options should look, too.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Laci,

Thank you for your comment! I would like to ask for a real-world use case, because it would make the request much stronger if our Product Management team see that there is a strong case for displaying such objects in a real-life situation.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,

I've attached a pic to show you a real-life example. This is a common detail used by architects, both internally and externally.

When I use this detail in Archicad, I have to clean up my reveals in plan view with 2D line work. Not ideal.

Thanks
Lingwisyer
Guru
Oalias wrote:
I've attached a pic to show you a real-life example
Probably not the best example Oalias as that can be modelled as a casing and sill with a positive reveal top and sides and a negative reveal at the bottom.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660