Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window schedule not showing related zone

This is really a big frustration!
I have set a schedule that lists doors and windows. After a lot of trial and error I managed to get all doors to correctly show their related zone name and number.
But not windows!
For some reason unknown a door in the same zone appears correctly on the list with its related zone, but the window next to it, with the same renovation status, position, etc, leaves the cell blank!

Is there any way to fix this???
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
22 REPLIES 22
Barry Kelly
I am not sure 'Related Zone' is really a good idea for use with windows and doors.
They should be using the 'To Zone' & 'From Zone' which is based on the orientation location click when you place the door/window.

You will probably find if you add a zone on the outside of the window (where you probably clicked to place the orientation) you will then get a 'Related Zone' as well - which is of course not what you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Hi Barry, thanks for the reply.
I used "Related zone number" because with "From" and "To" I always get some "Undefined" showing up in the schedule which I could't resolve. Maybe it has to do with the fact that this is a renovation project, and all doors and windows are new, but not all zones are new.

Anyway I cannot understand why Related Zones works fine with Doors, and not with windows.

I tried your suggestion, but still I didn't get the result. See attached image. Note that the door and window are placed on the same wall.

Also, why it is not possible to see from the door/window settings the related zone values?
Barry Kelly
It seems I was making assumptions about the 'Related Zone'.
I just tested by placing doors and windows with the orientation inside and outside of the zone and the related zone showed for all of them (there is no zone on the outside).
The 'To Zone' and 'From Zone' work as expected with 'Undefined' where there is no zone.

I don't use the renovation filters much but I believe the zones need to be the same status as the doors/windows.

For some reason I can not post any images at the moment.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
I have changed browsers.
Here is the image.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Thanks for the replies Barry.

I was going nuts with this because I couldn't understand what was going wrong. So I started a new project from the Graphisoft template. There everything worked as it should, so I started to try and understand what was different from my file.
It turned out the problem was with the zone... For some reason even if I was using the zone stamp from Library 24, the zone was created from an old favorite and didn't relate correctly to windows. Once used the zone from the GS template everything worked fine.
Savino
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am just experiencing the same issue as per this topic.

At this stage, I have read lots of articles from the Graphisoft community in order to understand what could have been the issue but I am still going around the model, checking and comparing parameters without any success.

I have attached a screenshot of my window schedule list, please let me know what else I could provide you in order to understand what could be the issue.

FYI: I have checked the zones heights and location, made sure that the zone stamp touches the walls, etc.

Also, in case it could help, I am working on a BIM cloud.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Savino,

Have you tried everything that Achille and Barry are talking about in this thread?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Savino
Contributor

Hi Laszlo,

Yes, I have. I believe it is something minor that doesn't allow me to display the zone names on certain windows.

However, I have arranged a call with our Archicad mentor in order to check what is the issue.

On the other side, I would like to ask if there is a way for me to show a column mentioning which window has a blinder. In this project, we are using concealed blinds.

Thank you for your support.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I have checked this in AC25 Update 2 and it works for me. The "Related Zone Name" field returns

1. If the Window's Wall has Zones on both sides: the same value as the "From Zone" field. 

2. If the Window's Wall has a Zone on one side: the Zone, be it the same value as either the "From Zone" field or the "To Zone" field.  

3. If the Window's Wall has no Zone on either side: the value "<Undefined>".

(It would be beneficial for you to include your system specs and Archicad version in your signature. Some of these features have improved in the latest versions.)

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27