Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Windows Scheduling to wrong home story

James HC
Contributor

OK, So I've got some windows which are set to a home level/story which isn't scheduling correctly.

They're linked to FF FFL, but schedule as GF PPT (below FF FFL) level, even with the host walls are assigned to FF FFL as their host story.

Yes the walls go below FF FFL (with a negative home offset).

Any clever ideas?

This is with Archicad 23 on a Mac.

Somewhat related, the one of the windows won't show up on the floor plan if I set the sill height above 399mm, even though wall is set to Projected and Floor Plan Range, and the cut plane is set to 1150 above the home story (FF FFL), of which the window most definitely 'cuts' through. I would like it to actually correctly schedule at a sill height of 400 but this just makes the window disappear of the floor plan completely.

As a side note, I feel I must say, compared to other programs (Revit for example) the way Archicad handles multiple (split and reference) storeys seems to be rather poor, especially with RCPs for example.

3 REPLIES 3
Andrii Levko
Expert

I was solving this problem if in Dialog Setting of the wall / Floor Plan and Section / Floor Plan Display, I set Cut only or Symbolic Cut for the wall on which these windows are placed.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650
Andrii Levko
Expert

I have highlighted such windows using a Graphic Override by Home Story.

7.jpg

After Cut only or Symbolic Cut

8.jpg

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

Hi Andrii,

Unfortunately if I set the settings you mention above, all the details of the window in the plan view are lost. 

No frame, sill, glazing line, etc. shows up. I can confirm it does display with the right sill height however.

This is what it looks like:

Projected.jpg

It should look like this:

symbolic.jpg