Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Windows and doors disappeared after I made several 3D document isometrics.

WischMeister
Newcomer

Hi! I just made some 3D documents with isometric cuts of each level of a building. After I tried to add them all to a drawing to make the exploded isometric view, all of the windows and doors (plus elevator) dissapeared from plan drawings, sections and 3D documents. I have checked so that all doors and windows are changed from MVO to full, checked renovations filter, checked floor plan cutting height,  and searched for help on several threads here on the forum but nothing helped me. I can still select the windows in 2D so they are there, they just don't show up... The doors and windows are also fully visible in 3D.

I'm in desperate need for help.

Thanks in advance!

Skärmavbild 2022-01-03 kl. 14.42.04.pngSkärmavbild 2022-01-03 kl. 14.43.22.pngSkärmavbild 2022-01-03 kl. 14.51.36.png
1 REPLY 1
4dProof
Advisor

when you call it an "exploded isometric"... you are moving walls for the veiw the 3d document is based on to make it "exploded"? 1) make sure doors and windows are linked to the wall and not the story height before "exploding" the elements. 2) Make sure the 3d view includes doors and windows in the "filter and cut elements in 3d" settings for the 3d view generating the 3d doc. 3) Make sure they are not being hidden by renovation status in the renovation filter settings. 4) Make sure the walls are set to "symbolic cut" and the doors and windows are "symbolic" in the floor plan view settings... Anyway, those are my top tips for fixing this

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2