Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wishlist | Mesh to be able to show Major and Minor Contours automatically

Josh Verran
Expert

It would be great if there was a way that the Mesh tool could incorporate some function that would enable a user to show Major and Minor contours.
Also to on the fly change what the definition for Minor and Major.

For example Minors at 100mm increments, Majors every 10x (1.0m), or Minors every 250mm, Majors every 4x.

The below example is from Vectorworks.

59a05b8fc1819_sitemodellabels1.png.ae14cfcfe83048a22c54bc07a2e1b972.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
5 REPLIES 5
Emil Meijer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Agreed, this would be a really nice feature to have embedded in Archicad.

As far as I know, this is possible with the LAND4 Add-on tool developed by LAND SOFTWARE A/S (they have a 30 day Free Trial version that you can try out!)

furtonb
Advisor

57 EUR a month seems a bit steep to have this functionality.

+1 to have this as a native feature.

a workaround could be to use morphs as cutting planes at the desired elevation and use SEOs to extract the contours. alternatively you can also use the AC-GH connection to produce the elevation lines.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Josh Verran
Expert

I think one of the key features, if it was to be developed, is that it should still use the native mesh tool, rather than an object or plug-in. This would assist with consistency and coordination.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Nader Belal
Mentor

@Josh Verran 

If you would like another way to achieve what you want and make personal customization, I can other another method on which you can build what you need. Click download on the pic.

Create Topographic Contours In Archicad Using Rhino+GH 1/2 

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.