Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Work sheet and renovation status.

ivorhession
Booster
Hey all,

Having a weird issue when trying to create a worksheet.

I am trying to create a worksheet for a portion of a ground floor plan. I can make the worksheet and i can open it in the Project map, and its all fine, i can edit it, change pen sets, change renovation status, its all good.
However when i pull this into a sheet in the Layout Book it all goes wrong, I drag and drop it onto the sheet and the window that appears seems to default to the first renovation filter in the renovation filter list. (if i delete the first it changes to the second in the list, if i delete that it goes to the next and so on - so it is just going to what ever happens to be first in the list.)
If i go back to work sheet in the View Map and change the renovation filter, and then redefine with current window settings the window just reverts back to the first renovation filter, and not change in the Layout Sheet (but any other changes such as the pen set or scale that i have redefined will have updated correctly).

I think the problem is in my template drawing as i tried to do the same thing with another project and it acts exactly the same.

It seems like there is a default i have either missed or tuned on by mistake in my template in either the renovation filter or the worksheet, but i am at a loss to what it is!

Any help is much apricated.

Cheers

Ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
I answered a very similar question just the other day.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72742&p=325244#p325244

But is was asking about Graphic Overrides.
However the same applies to Renovation Filters - they are not stored in the view settings.

You need to set the correct filter in the floor plan (or wherever the worksheet/detail was created), set the correct reno filter.
Then open the worksheet/detail and 'Rebuild from Model'.
That will set the reno filter that your worksheet will now use when placed on a layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ivorhession
Booster
Barry,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had tried pretty well what you described, the only difference is i was hitting 'rebuild from source' rather than model. So i have tried it with 'rebuild from model' but it does not show up when i right click and if a go view>refresh>Rebuild from model, the option if greyed out so i cant press it.

If this helps in any way to understand what's happening, if i set the view up and then press 'save view and pace' it brings it into my sheet fine, but creates a new work sheet also so i end up with lots of duplication etc....

Any further thoughts?

Cheers

Ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
Barry Kelly
ivorhession wrote:
I had tried pretty well what you described, the only difference is i was hitting 'rebuild from source' rather than model. So i have tried it with 'rebuild from model' but it does not show up when i right click and if a go view>refresh>Rebuild from model, the option if greyed out so i cant press it.

Sorry - my typo.
It is 'Rebuild from Source'.

Simply open the worksheet from Project Map or View Map.
Change the reno filter and then 'Rebuild from Source'.
It should update and now stay like that until you change it again.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
ivorhession
Booster
Hey Barry,

No not working.
When i do that and then go to the layout sheet the sheet updates but with the wrong reno filter, or if it do what you say and then right click and 'redefine with current window settings' it jumps back to the wrong reno filter again...

Completely lost as to what is causing this...

Ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
ivorhession
Booster
Hey Barry,

All good, talked to tech support - it was was the way i was creating the view, taking a short cut that was messing it all up.

Cheers for the help.

ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
vistasp
Advisor
Ivor, could you tell us what kind of shortcut you were taking that caused this problem?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
ivorhession
Booster
Hey, Yes.

So i was dragging the worksheet straight from the project map to the layout, rather than creating it in the project map, bringing it into the view map and then dragging on to the layout from there. Which apparently can mess up the reno filter and graphic over ride.
Not sure why it allows you to do what i done if it messes with the settings the person at tech support who set me right apparently cant understand why you can do it either so...

ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
vistasp
Advisor
Ah, OK. Yes, maybe there should be a warning message when someone attempts to do that.

It's not so much a case of "you couldn't", but of "you shouldn't".
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Barry Kelly
vistasp wrote:
Ah, OK. Yes, maybe there should be a warning message when someone attempts to do that.

It's not so much a case of "you couldn't", but of "you shouldn't".

I agree there should be a warning if you place a Project Map View Point directly on a layout.
I too am not sure why this is actually allowed.

View Points in the Project Map do not have 'Settings' that remember what has been set.
You must manually choose what you want to see.
And you can only have one of each view point.

Views in the View Map however, do have settings and you can also have multiple views with different settings.
So make sure you use View Map Views on your layouts, you will have much better control of how they appear.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27