Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Work sheet and renovation status.

ivorhession
Booster
Hey all,

Having a weird issue when trying to create a worksheet.

I am trying to create a worksheet for a portion of a ground floor plan. I can make the worksheet and i can open it in the Project map, and its all fine, i can edit it, change pen sets, change renovation status, its all good.
However when i pull this into a sheet in the Layout Book it all goes wrong, I drag and drop it onto the sheet and the window that appears seems to default to the first renovation filter in the renovation filter list. (if i delete the first it changes to the second in the list, if i delete that it goes to the next and so on - so it is just going to what ever happens to be first in the list.)
If i go back to work sheet in the View Map and change the renovation filter, and then redefine with current window settings the window just reverts back to the first renovation filter, and not change in the Layout Sheet (but any other changes such as the pen set or scale that i have redefined will have updated correctly).

I think the problem is in my template drawing as i tried to do the same thing with another project and it acts exactly the same.

It seems like there is a default i have either missed or tuned on by mistake in my template in either the renovation filter or the worksheet, but i am at a loss to what it is!

Any help is much apricated.

Cheers

Ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
11 REPLIES 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this problem! I'm really glad that we found out the culprit in the end!

Based on your contributions regarding placing a Viewpoint directly from Project Map to Layouts, I entered them as a wish in our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-335). Hopefully, our Product Management team will consider implementing it in the future.

Thank you all once more, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Podolsky
Ace
It would be actually nice, if details and worksheets had similar functions as sections/elevations - make "live" links without exploding everything into lines and fills. I think something similar exists today in Revit.