Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Working with Mesh to AOD Levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the area i work most (Yorskhire, UK) the ground level can be as much as 250m+ above sea level.

When we import topographical surveys and then begin to model them I never know the best way to set the levels.

I have started creating meshes and contours etc. from the survey with levels to match, so i can quite easily have a mesh with a thickness of over 250m, this is only a problem when it comes to setting storey levels in AC16.

I tend to set the finished floor level of the building as '0' on ground floor storey 0, but then you have a 250m mesh to place with a level for example of 245,000 as the finished level which corresponds to 0 of the CAD model.

I have tried for example reducing all levels by 235m but then when you use the level tool, the levels are 235m out!

I have also set the mesh in the -1 storey so that it sits 250m below the 0 level in the model but this still causes problems for the level tool.

has anybody else had this issue, and how do you set your drawing up?

Should I be setting the mesh in the 0-storey with a storey height of 250m, and the building ground floor level drawn into the 1-storey?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Project Settings set the altitude to the right value!
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55

Thank you for your reply, however i have been and added the correct altitude but nothing happens.

Am i supposed to set the altitude as the finished floor i want to be 0-story?
Anonymous
Not applicable
WALtd wrote:
Am i supposed to set the altitude as the finished floor i want to be 0-story?
Yes.