Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Workspace Schemes always revert to custom

Vincent G
Contributor

Hi guys,

Since one of the recent updates I'm unable to lock my Workspace Scheme. I've tried a few fixes from AC forums without success,

I've made a W-E profile and defined sub-profiles for each row. With only one AC window open, I then Applied and Set as default.

VincentG_0-1658187590575.png

I press OK, and immediately return to W-E window. Workspace is now as Custom (does that every single time). If I close AC and restart it, same result.

VincentG_0-1658187950173.png

Now, even if I apply my W-E profile, the solid operator palette is no longer displayed and I get this extra bloody toolbar I never asked for in the first place:

VincentG_1-1658187825910.png

I've tried a lot, apply the sub-scheme directly in the workspace section, re-set to default or apply the profile, create a new profile and new sub-profiles. Nothing work, S-O palette disappear and the 
Am I the only one having this problem? Any fix? Not a huge deal but very annoying. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

The workspace scheme will always show as custom.

You only have to open, close or reposition a palette or toolbar and it will reset to custom.

Just opening the Work Environment palette seems to be enough to set it as custom.

In version 22 the 'Custom' scheme disappears when you redefine your scheme, but it will return when you open the WE again.

In 25, the 'Custom' scheme does not diasppear at all when you redefine.

I can confirm the SEO Dialogue does not get saved with the WE - that is probably because it is not a palette - it is not in the WINDOWS menu > PALETTES list.

That small toolbar is a Twinmotion direct link toolbar.

It is controlled by the WE in version 22 - not sure about 23 or 24 and I don't think it is in 25 as that is Datasmith not Directlink.

However, there should be a Twinmotion menu where you can show/hide the palette.

Or uninstall the add-on to get rid of it completely.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

The workspace scheme will always show as custom.

You only have to open, close or reposition a palette or toolbar and it will reset to custom.

Just opening the Work Environment palette seems to be enough to set it as custom.

In version 22 the 'Custom' scheme disappears when you redefine your scheme, but it will return when you open the WE again.

In 25, the 'Custom' scheme does not diasppear at all when you redefine.

I can confirm the SEO Dialogue does not get saved with the WE - that is probably because it is not a palette - it is not in the WINDOWS menu > PALETTES list.

That small toolbar is a Twinmotion direct link toolbar.

It is controlled by the WE in version 22 - not sure about 23 or 24 and I don't think it is in 25 as that is Datasmith not Directlink.

However, there should be a Twinmotion menu where you can show/hide the palette.

Or uninstall the add-on to get rid of it completely.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the feedback. For SO, no big deal then I got it on a shortcut so it's quick to turn on/off.

For Twinmotion, there is indeed a hide/show palette. Not sure why this is not captured by W-E tho. I guess I'll have to uninstall the plugin or re-apply the W-E profile everytime I open AC.

I just checked in 24 and the TM toolbar on/off is saved with my WE.

I have just redefined it with it on and off and re-applying the WE it remembers how it was set.

The SEO dialogue still disappears every time.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27