Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Wrapping Image

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question,

I am trying to apply a wood grain lightworks shader to the outside of my house model problem is that archicad is not wrapping the image so the front walls are correct and the side walls are not. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
A picture might help explain the problem better. It is also worth adding a screenshot of the shader settings too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a model I am playing around with. Notice the Facia how the material is not wrapping.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be awkward, but your image isn't terribly clear I'm afraid. Can you do one slightly closer to the facia or a higher resolution?

As before it still would be very helpful to see both the texture and the lightworks shader settings for the material you are using.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's see if this will work better...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the settings...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see what you mean.

There are two options which would allow you to align the texture to the slope of the eaves correctly.

1 - Use 'Align 3d texture' (in the 'Design' menu) for each face and individually set the direction. (slow!)

2 - Duplicate the current material and change the orientation of the grain by 90 degrees. I believe the 'trunk direction' setting controls this. Save with a new name - perhaps add 'horiz' to the end. Assign this texture to the incorrect faces (faster!)

Hope that helps!