Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Wrongly generated GDL objects in schedules

runxel
Legend

Just a few days ago I discovered a bug with plan symbols in a schedule.
To reproduce (in 24, not tested in 25) do the following steps:

• Have a GDL object at hand / or make one, where the symbol in plan is dependent on the MVO (i.e. electric vs. RCP)
  • Generate a schedule in which you'll list the 2D symbol (e.g. a legend)
  • Make two views of this schedule where the MVO options are set differently
  • Place them both on a layout
  • Both views will actually look the same (but obviously shouldn't)

It seems that views of schedules that are MVO-dependent are broken in the way that Archicad wrongly handles them. Archicad will only generate the view to the last one being set to the view / the last one opened. All other views are then generated with the same option.

This is quite hazardous because it means potential wrong schedules!

To prove that this thesis is right you can try the following:

• Duplicate the same schedule, don't change anything.
  • Then again make those two views with different MVOs, but in this case MVO 1 with schedule 1 and MVO 2 with schedule 2.
  • Place both views on a layout.
  • Both will be correct (as it should)

Now I saw the release notes of AC 25 4013.
To quote:

DEF-2836 MODEL/VIEW/SCHEDULES: The MVO option changes from the view settings wasn’t affecting the 2D plan preview or the 3D axonometry fields in schedules.

Does this mean this bug is fixed?

Or is this defect different to the one I discovered?

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi runxel,

Thank you very much for the question!

Based on your description, it seems to match the defect DEF-2836. In Archicad 25 Update 2, we have fixed the issue regarding MVO changes for 2D Preview. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the bug and the amount of resource needed, it may not be possible to port the fix back to Archicad 24. I suggest updating to Archicad 25 Update 2 in order to get rid of this problem.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you once again for the detailed explanation! Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT