BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ZONE STAMP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please refer to attached image. I am using Zone_Stamp_1 19. I went into the settings and changed the Rom number pen from red to black but on-screen it stayed red. Is it possible to get it to change to black?

The room name height is set to 6.00; how do I adjust the height of the text in the 2nd and 3rd rows?

Is there a way to get the text to automatically set to the centre of the zone?

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 2.02.19 PM.png
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michael wrote:
Please refer to attached image. I am using Zone_Stamp_1 19. I went into the settings and changed the Rom number pen from red to black but on-screen it stayed red. Is it possible to get it to change to black?
I can change the Room Number Pen at Zone Settings > Zone Stamp > Room Number > Text Pen, are you sure you have altered that parameter?
Michael wrote:
The room name height is set to 6.00; how do I adjust the height of the text in the 2nd and 3rd rows?
Go to Zone Settings > Zone Stamp > Appearance > Font Size for Detail Text.

It would help if you added your ArchiCAD version to your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Andre_Steynberg
Enthusiast
Having a similar problem and not wanting to open another Zone Stamp thread, Ill post my problem here.

I'm trying to edit my zones to go in a new template but the settings don't seem to stay put.
On either Zone Stamp 1 or 2 it does not matter, whatever changes I make in the Options -> Zone Category menu does not translate back to the Zone I have on plan.

I attempted the same changes in AC18 and it works as expected ie changes made in Zone Category immediately change the Zones on plan.
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The changes you make in the Zone Categories Dialog will affect only Zone Stamp placed later. It will not affect Zone Stamps already placed.
This is because in the Zone Categories Dialog you are basically setting defaults. In case of a placed instance ARCHICAD assumes that you have set the parameters properly and you want to keep them. This is why it won't change them when such a change is made in the Zone Categories Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Andre_Steynberg
Enthusiast
Yes I see what you mean, for me everything works fine like you described until I turn on Scale Sensitivity.
After that if I make any changes it won't show up on floor plan, even if placing a new zone.
With Scale Sensitivity off I can easily make changes in the Zone Categories and update the Zones to show those changes, not so with it turned on.

For now I solved the problem by using the Scale Sensitivity settings in the Zone itself and saving as a favorite.
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think those Scale-Sensitive settings will show only if you actually switch to the Scale specified in the Zone Stamp. Or are you saying that the Zone Stamp is placed in a 1:100 plan, for example, you make changes to defaults in the Zone Categories Dialog to the 1:100 settings of a Zone Stamp, and when you then place a Zone based on that Category at 1:100 it will not be displayed with the Zone settings you just specified?
Andre_Steynberg
Enthusiast
Hi Laszlo, yes like you mentioned in the second part of your post, even if I make changes in the correct scale via Zone Categories the changes do not reflect back onto the plan.

I've attached a gif animation showing my process ie placing a zone, then changing some parameters for the particular scale and then placing the zone again with no changes, I do apologize if the recording is of poor quality.
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The GIF was not attached. Can you put it on Dropbox or something similar?
Learn and get certified!