BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ZONES NAMES on two lines?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way, or does anyone have a tool, that enables you to type the ZONE NAME on two seperate lines?

Right now I have a good amount of Zone Names that are just too long for one line and are over running their room boundries. I'd like to be able to split it up into two seperate lines.

Any suggestions?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
The schedule behavior is independent of the stamp. Word wrap in schedules is a wish, essential IMO.
Thanks, James.
I will not vaste my time on this one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool, I've been wondering how to do this, the guys in the office will be pleased. [\n], how obscure!

I'd just like to add that if you put None into the field [2.] under Order, then your Zone Number, Measured Area etc. in the fields below 2 it will leave enough space as to not overwrite the other info.
Erika Epstein
Booster
In AC12 Zone Identifier 2 12 has, Under Fix Stamp Width, options to wrap the text in plan. The wrapping is based on the width set;either points or mm, no inches.

IS does wrap the names based on the column width, no options to wrap by word that I see.

Some zones with longer or shorter names you will need to set the width differently than typical so that for example Recreation Area reads correctly.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
kornclub
Booster

Old topic but i was thinking in Archicad 23 there is 2nd zone name line 

So far as I know there is no difference to the zone stamps in any version.

So you have the 'wrap text' option as mentioned before or you need to purchase a 3rd party stamp or if you are handy with GDL you can script your own.

25 on the other hand now allows zone labels, a completely different kettle of fish.

An autotext label with the zone name in it allows you to stretch it just like any other label - i.e just stretch the label text in plan (and also now label a zone in section).

The dedicated zone label is not that much different to a zone stamp - you still have to specify a width.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for reply ,  where i can warp text in zones ?

Sorry I meant wrap text.

Depends on the zone stamp.

As they are objects they all have slightly different parameters.

Look for a parameter that lets you set text with or maybe number of characters per line.

Or possibly a frame width.

Some zone stamps may not let you do anything.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!