BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ZONES NAMES on two lines?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way, or does anyone have a tool, that enables you to type the ZONE NAME on two seperate lines?

Right now I have a good amount of Zone Names that are just too long for one line and are over running their room boundries. I'd like to be able to split it up into two seperate lines.

Any suggestions?
16 REPLIES 16
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Tom Waltz's SuperZone can do this. Unfortunately, I don't know where it can be purchased any more -- perhaps you could PM him?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Stress Co_
Advisor
goose724 wrote:
Is there a way, or does anyone have a tool, that enables you to type the ZONE NAME on two seperate lines?
Type "\n" where you want the split (no quotes). You may have to add the same at the beginning of the text below (room #) etc., so not to overwrite.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Stress wrote:
Type "\n" where you want the split (no quotes). You may have to add the same at the beginning of the text below (room #) etc., so not to overwrite.
However -- this doesn't work so good if you are listing the Zones in a schedule (the "\n" appears within the Zone Name)

The nice thing about SuperZone is that you can also have alternative (abbreviated) names and/or different locations of the Zone Stamp dependent on display scale.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Stress Co_
Advisor
Laura wrote:
-- this doesn't work so good if you are listing the Zones in a schedule (the "\n" appears within the Zone Name)
Very true. Also, i just realized, if you show calculated area, there's no way to add a line. The text will be overwritten.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Eric Batte's Standardized Template System has a Zone Stamp that does that and more, and he gives it away for free! I'm still using one I modified for my firm YEARS ago! Check it out!

http://www.getstandardized.com/shop/
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
goose724 wrote:
Is there a way, or does anyone have a tool, that enables you to type the ZONE NAME on two seperate lines??
May be this can help. From the Zone_Stamp_02 INT library.

At the origin, i was to answer a question about writting units in superscript (metric).
On the fly, i did an attempt for a multiline zone name. It works flawessly in schedules.

Cheers,
Olivier
Erich
Contributor
Oliver,

Are you saying that the stamp will create two lines in a zone name definition in the schedules?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
Are you saying that the stamp will create two lines in a zone name definition in the schedules?
Sorry, i was unclear, i mean multiple lines in floor plan window only.
In schedules, zone name displays on one line, but is not alterated by the "\n" characters.

I don't know if it is possible, to display zone name on several lines in schedules.
I will give it a try, one day or another.
Olivier wrote:
don't know if it is possible, to display zone name on several lines in schedules.
The schedule behavior is independent of the stamp. Word wrap in schedules is a wish, essential IMO.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Learn and get certified!