BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ZONES_control

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple and hope very simple answer as to why my control of zones is not working ?

see screenshots.

the correct classification is used : see the GRAPHIC OVERIDE SETTINGS - both the overide settings and the respective settings for the classification - zone. Also atatched.

No idea why the zones are not appearing in 3D as volumes in blue as they should be.

file is in FR - but you get the idea

ThX
15 REPLIES 15
runxel
Legend
By default zones are not visible in 3D. Be sure you activated them first.
(Right click on the perspective in the project map, "Filter elements in 3D" and check that box for displaying zones.)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
furtonb
Advisor
Are your zones visible in 3D? It's not clear to me from the screenshot.
If you go to "Filter and Cut elements in 3D" (I don't know about the French term, look for View/Elements in 3D View/Filter and cut elements in 3D), what do you see? By default the zones are not visible in 3D.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Anonymous
Not applicable
forgot to ask - how to have it so each floor has a different color zone ?

see attached. - eg- grd floor in one colour, other florrs in diffeent colors. I cant seem to find the correct rules to add in to the rules.
furtonb
Advisor
add the required home story as a criteria.
create a rule for each story and apply a surface override as you did before.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Anonymous
Not applicable
WITH YOU SO FAR- THANKS.

BUT WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE SURFACE OVERIDE ?
I HAVE MANAGED TO ADD THE HOM STORIES. BUT THE RED PAINT IS APPLIED TO ALL STORIES.

HOW DO I TOGGLE THIS SO IT SWITCHES BETWEEN LEELS/ STORIES?
You need a separate rule for each story
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is the result of the latest step.
Have volumes on 3 levels - but colours are all same. How to change colour for each floor ?
furtonb
Advisor
You need to create 3 separate rules in order to graphically distinguish each floor.
As I see now you have one rule, which works like this:
If the element is "Zone" AND the home story is (0. OR 1. OR 2.) <- note that I used a parenthesis here, which means any statement is true, it will apply the graphical override defined below.

To achieve what you want, you need to create 3 separate rules and add all of them to graphic override combination. (Combinations can have several rules that are applied in the order of bottom to top, if I remember correctly).

So rule 1:
Element type = Zone AND Home story = 0., surface = RED
Rule 2:
Element type = Zone AND Home story = 1., surface = GREEN
Rule 3:
Element type = Zone AND Home story = 2., surface = BLUE

And you combine these into a new combination, called something like "Zones by home story", and you have your rules:

Rule 3
Rule 2
Rule 1
Everything transparent
Anonymous
Not applicable
taking rule 1) - im with you up to where you say = red.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!