BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Zermatt 2.0 // how to get radiosity to work??

Anonymous
Not applicable
After a lot of efford we finally got the Zermatt 2.0 engine for ArchiCAD 11 that is sooo nice!! and it works perfectly, just like the last version... but the new radiosity options do not seem to work somehow. I checked the Zermatt.se site and - yes..
I have a Nvidia Quadro 1300 FX (pixelshader 2.0) 128 Mb graphics card - which should do the trick --
If I understand correctly there should pop up some options for radiosity when saving a file as Zermatt but - that does not happen, it just gathers the file and announces 'complete' without ever mentioning anything else.

Does anyone have any experience with Zermatt 2.0 There don't seem to bee too many people who have it. (you can download a trial for free though if anyone cares to try) --
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh yes, Zermatt...
I'd like to have had some experience with 2.0, but IT WON'T LET ME !!!
We purchased for AC9 & it worked 'reasonably' well after several glitches were met with (at best) a lacklustre response of support.
Looked to upgrade when I saw it's improved appearance and promise of a 'radiosity' type effect. Am still awaiting a trial licence having sent for it a handful of times.
Sorry Mr Zermatt, but if you won't support your current or potential user-base, I'm not investing in your product again...
Send me a trial licence though, & all is (may be) forgiven !!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
well, yes it costed us some trouble too to get it -- going after our trial a few times.. but it came around -- then going after the update we paid for.. but we got it --
support is poor indeed // let's hope this Zermatt boy gets smart and sells to someone that gives good support soon (before anyone makes a similar software and he's out of luck all together)

still.. I would love to know how get radiosity in my Zermatt models! please
Anonymous
Not applicable
There you go...
Anyone out there with the know-how & the elbow grease ?
You have 2 customers already !
Sorry though, vin100... Not much help with your question
Anonymous
Not applicable
vin100 wrote:
let's hope this Zermatt boy gets smart and sells to someone that gives good support soon (before anyone makes a similar software and he's out of luck all together)
I don't think the software could survive if he sells it too another part. I think we are too few customers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Too few customers? If this product would have better support and a more acceptable pricing you could sell it to all ArchiCAD users on the planet! I'm sure it is worth something from a business point of view.
still looking for some tips though .. hehe
Anonymous
Not applicable
vin100 wrote:
Too few customers? If this product would have better support and a more acceptable pricing you could sell it to all ArchiCAD users on the planet! I'm sure it is worth something from a business point of view.
Absolutely true.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
vin100 wrote:
Agree totally! It's an awesome thing.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes .. it's great that there are more people who like to use Zermatt but..

how to get radiosity to work??
Anonymous
Not applicable
vin100 wrote:
yes .. it's great that there are more people who like to use Zermatt but..

how to get radiosity to work??
Have you really updated you gfx-drivers? I know by my self I got some problems with Quadro cards and Zermatt but I got it worked after alot of frustration and updated drivers..
But hm, I haven't tried latest Zermatt, will as fast as I could..