BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Zermatt realtime engine for ArchiCAD 8.1 and 9

Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Introducing Zermatt realtime engine for ArchiCAD 8.1 and 9.
Take you ArchiCAD models to the next level easily and direct from the ArchiCAD 3D window.

With Zermatt you are able to save down an exe file and send it as a mail attachment to your client, builder or simply use it as promotional material!
In the Zermatt realtime engine you are able to move freely around your model and go where ever you like. View the model with full textures or in sketch mode all the time with real time shadows on!

Please don’t hesitate to check it out at http://www.zermatt.se you can download the demo version and try it yourself.

I have loaded up ademo file , you can down load winrar, if you don't have it, at http://www.rarlabs.com you can check out, there are 2 small limitations on this file,
1. It only last for 60 seconds at at time
2. It expires in 24 Hrs.

But if you download the demo your self you can use it unlimited for 7 days.

At the moment Zermatt is PC only, but it is in the process of being ported to MAC OSX and is due for release in the near future.

If you have any questions or comments about Zermatt you can either PM me or mail me at ben.odonnell@lasercad.se

Enjoy!

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
36 REPLIES 36
Ben,

this is very cool. Congratulations.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Aaron,
Thanks for the nice comments.
I just hope more people take the time to have a look at it as it is a fantastic tool.
Ben O'Donnell
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ben-of-the-3-hands

It is a lot of fun speeding around my model in my Zermatt.
Very easy interface.

congrats!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Erika wrote:
Ben-of-the-3-hands
He he,
The pic is actually of Link,archiben and myself, Link and I were taking the micky out of ben, so he thought he'd jump into the pic as well!

Thanks for that, but I must say I can't take any of the credit for Zermatt, although I have been beta testing for a while now.

The guy who has written Zermatt is a Swedish guy named Joakim. He has worked alone on this project for a year and finally gotten out this fantastic program.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Anonymous
Not applicable
One word : awesome !
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Geoffroy,
Thank you very much.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Djordje
Ace
Hm ...

While it IS great, I see a problem or two in the way the demo is done

While a week's limit is OK, time limiting the movie you save out is bad. Suppose you want it, and want the company to pay for it - the time constraint for the movie makes it almost impossible.

People who use computers properly usually forget that the people who write cheques usually do not use computers at all ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Djordje ,

Sorry that I didn't explain this earlier. I used a demo version of Zermatt to save out this demo file. If you purchase a fully licenced version of Zermatt the file will NEVER run out.

Sorry for not making this clear earlier.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Rakela Raul
Participant
what is the diff between this one and the dunako one ???

regarless, really nice and quick!!!!
$$$$????
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16