BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zone Data Display in ArchiCAD 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is is possible to have ONE zone stamp display different content components in different views that have the same scale?

For instance, the zone stamp will display the Room Name, Measured Area and Room Number on the 1/8" Floor Plan, (which has a scale sensitive setting of 1:100).

The same zone stamp will display the Room Name, Floor Finish, Base Finish, Wall Finish and Ceiling Finish on the 1/8" Finish Plan, (which also has a scale sensitive setting of 1:100).

This would be easy to achieve if the Finish Plan was defined as 1/4", then the scale sensitive setting would be 1:50). (Unfortunately the Model View Options does not allow you to define more detailed zone display properties which could be assigned in the View Settings.)

While creating a duplicate zone on a different layer could achieve the desired output, that would introduce a host of coordination issues that is undesirable, unnecessary and not very elegant.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Joe A.
(ArchiCAD User since 8.0)
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
How is your GDL?
It could be possible with Library Globals in the Model View Options.
These can control object settings (and I assume zone labels) globally.
And as the MVO is saved with each view you can have separate settings for each view.
I haven't tried it with zone stamps so I can't say for sure it will work or not.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running into the same issue.

The part we used as a workaround would look for the zone information and display it as text. While the MVO would hide the zone stamp.

So we did not have to duplicate zones to move the stamp to another location.

The old LG zone part used to work for us. This is no longer true as it disappears randomly on the layouts but shows up correctly in the story (model) view.

I hear Total Zone from Master Script works well but will it work in AC19?
http://www.masterscript.nl/epages/78066077.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/78066077/Products/35

I don't know GDL well enough to be writing a part that does more then display the same information on every view.

Duplicating Zones is not a BIM solution.
jfa_ra wrote:
Is is possible to have ONE zone stamp display different content components in different views that have the same scale?

For instance, the zone stamp will display the Room Name, Measured Area and Room Number on the 1/8" Floor Plan, (which has a scale sensitive setting of 1:100).

The same zone stamp will display the Room Name, Floor Finish, Base Finish, Wall Finish and Ceiling Finish on the 1/8" Finish Plan, (which also has a scale sensitive setting of 1:100).

This would be easy to achieve if the Finish Plan was defined as 1/4", then the scale sensitive setting would be 1:50). (Unfortunately the Model View Options does not allow you to define more detailed zone display properties which could be assigned in the View Settings.)

While creating a duplicate zone on a different layer could achieve the desired output, that would introduce a host of coordination issues that is undesirable, unnecessary and not very elegant.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Joe A.
(ArchiCAD User since 8.0)
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Total Zone by MasterScript does exactly what you want. The latest version (AC16) works fine with ArchiCAD 19 and 20. It creates a separate pane in your Model View Options that controls not only content, but font, size, position, frame, and arrangement, even at the same scale. It's a great deal for the price!

The only drawback is that it can't display the new AC20 Properties. However, it has a host of other information that can be embedded in it. I'm going to try to get the developer to add this feature.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm still confused why this is not in the standard Graphisoft library.

The Dutch subscription (keymember) library has had this for years. You just set up different model view options for each design stage and the detail level of objects, including what to show on the zone stamps.

In each individual zone you can then tick an option to follow model view options or set your own custom options if wanted.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!