Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zone Tool Font Sizes

Brad Elliott
Booster
I seem to have nothing but trouble with the AC22 zone tool. It used to be in the zone categories that I could customize the tool to look exactly the way I want but now all I get is a preview of the stamp. I can't find anywhere to change the font size for the content items in the tool. I can change the font size for the zone name but even that doesn't seem to change the actual font. I have attached images of what I have.
I am attaching screen shots of the settings that I have.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
8 REPLIES 8
Brad Elliott
Booster
And with the font size changed
M1 Macbook Pro
Brad Elliott
Booster
And since it shows the images in the preview and then drops them when submitted. Zone Category
M1 Macbook Pro
Brad Elliott
Booster
And 7 pt font
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just discovered this problem too. In AC21 we could customise the zone categories appearance when they were created, now in AC22 we cannot. Why? I am on the verge of dumping it and going back to AC21.

Very annoying.
Gergely Hari
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Brad,

In order to keep compatibility with the previos stamps (so you can convert the stamps without loss of formatting), the style settings in the Zone Stamp 01 are as follows:
- Size of the Zone Name is always driven by the Stamp Text Style panel
- Style of the Zone Name is by default also driven by the Stamp Text Style, however you seem to have the Override Style of the Zone Name checkbox turned on; in this case, other style parameters are set below
- Style of other rows is always driven by the Stamp Text Style panel, except for Size and Alignment
- Size and Alignment of all other rows are driven by the four groups under Text Settings by Scale. If you have the entire Stamp set to Uniform (on the first page), then you'll have to adjust the Uniform size and alignment. If you use the Scale Sensitive option, you'll have to adjust the other three values based on which sizes you want in which scale.

Not the easiest UI that's for sure, but allows a lot of customization for the different scales even.

About the settings in the Zone Categories:
It was freaking misleading, because they practically did not do ANYTHING beside control how the Preview in the Zone Category dialog looked. Even if you set things up in the Category beforehand, switching Categories did not use this setup. So even if you THOUGHT you could configure the Zone Stamp in advance using the Zone Category dialog, actually you had to do that in the Zone Default Settings again in order to work.
There was only one exception to this - if you used different Zone Stamp elements in the different categories - ie. Zone Stamp 01 for Category 1 and Zone Stamp 02 for Category 2 - then, and only then, switching between categories utilized some settings that you've set up in the preview. (parameters that were common among the two Zone Stamps were not affected even in this case).
So in 99% of situations where users actually want to use the same Zone Stamp in all Categories (maybe with different settings, but the same Stamp Object), the data stored in the Zone Category did not do anything; switching categories just kept every Stamp Setting the way it was.
This actually was helpful in cases where you only want the category name and color to change when changing categories, because simply changing the category did not modify the Stamp Settings at all.

Anyway, the function that has been removed did not actually do anything 99% of the time, but caused a lot of confusion, and a lot of wasted work instead (when people spent hours trying to setting up different states for the different categories, only to realize they have to do that again in the Zone Default settings).

The correct, reliable and easier method is to simply use favorites - for each Category you need, set up your Category and the corresponding Zone Stamp once, save it as a favorite, and apply said favorite to similar Zones. (you can apply the favorite selectively, not applying Zone Name and Number using the Element Transfer Settings, if needed).
Brad Elliott
Booster
That's all well and good, but it still doesn't allow me to change the size of the Zone No.. I can change the font by checking the override styles box but nothing I do in the Text Setting by Scale settings has any effect on anything. This is whether I have Override Style on or not.
M1 Macbook Pro
felcunha
Expert
Gergely wrote:
- Style of other rows is always driven by the Stamp Text Style panel, except for Size and Alignment
- Size and Alignment of all other rows are driven by the four groups under Text Settings by Scale. If you have the entire Stamp set to Uniform (on the first page), then you'll have to adjust the Uniform size and alignment. If you use the Scale Sensitive option, you'll have to adjust the other three values based on which sizes you want in which scale.
The correct, reliable and easier method is to simply use favorites - for each Category you need, set up your Category and the corresponding Zone Stamp once, save it as a favorite, and apply said favorite to similar Zones. (you can apply the favorite selectively, not applying Zone Name and Number using the Element Transfer Settings, if needed).
The problem is that even unchecking all the transfer options, applying the favorite into a zone changes its category.
So there's no way to copy only the stamp format ?
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Elemental_BD
Participant
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I've had to resort to a third party tool (below) to achieve the same level of customization found in previous versions. And have had to subsequently reset all my 'favourites'

https://www.indigofigs.com/zone-stamp/

Who makes these decisions at Graphisoft?