Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Zone area, add only wall recesses with height over certain limit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

is there a way to use the the "Add wall recesses"-feature described here but so that only recesses with height above certain limit are taken into account? This is something that comes from the local building code, and I haven't yet figured out the best way to do it. A typical situation would be that some windows on external walls that are level with the floor would be over that limit and should thus be added into the total room area, and some windows will be under, and those should not be added into the total. What would be the best approach for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I thought about this for a while and for a somewhat cumbersome solution, I figured out that using fills set to subtract from zones it's possible to control the zone area manually. So for those recesses that are not to be included into the zone total (too low), an invisible area subtracting fill is drawn on top of the recess. Fill must be on when updating the zones. Not perfect but kinda works, if anyone is struggling with this...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
No it is only based on the recess depth or the overall window area - not the height.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I thought about this for a while and for a somewhat cumbersome solution, I figured out that using fills set to subtract from zones it's possible to control the zone area manually. So for those recesses that are not to be included into the zone total (too low), an invisible area subtracting fill is drawn on top of the recess. Fill must be on when updating the zones. Not perfect but kinda works, if anyone is struggling with this...