Document & Visualize forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone <toAltvalue>

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso
Hi all,

Is there a way to get a zone to display it's elevation to sea level without resorting to labels? The custom text setting does not appear to recognise autotext prompts...



Ling.
AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200
11 REPLIES 11

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can display Properties in the Zone Stamp.
So you just need to create a Property that will display the Zone's Elevation to Sea Level.
The attached screenshot shows the definition of the Property that will achieve that.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso
I get a syntax error if I try to add the plain text after the calculation...

Can you get it to convert to meters when the length settings are set to millimetres?



Ling.
AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It should not be a plain text.
You need to select the "Elevation to Sea Level" Property from the list of available Parameters and Properties.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso
I meant the " m". Anyway, I got it working using a comma instead of a semicolon.



Ling.
AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

LucaP
Booster
Lingwisyer the syntax error you got is probably because you're using different data format. You should change it to Text if you wish to add text behind your value (and keep in mind you should use CONCAT to join lines of text).
Also to override the units you use in your project you can use mathematical operators and after all these operations convert it to text.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 23 PL
Intel Core i5-6420P 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 6 GB, 500 GB SSD
WIN 10 Home
since AC20

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Lingwisyer wrote:
I get a syntax error if I try to add the plain text after the calculation...

Can you get it to convert to meters when the length settings are set to millimetres?

Ling.

Here is a modified version of the Expression.
In the Dimension Units Dialog, Length Units have "Meters" set with 2 decimals.
So the Property would be: "6,00 m"

So I multiplied the "meter" value to get millimeters, then used the SPLIT function to cut the decimal separator and the 2 decimal places on its right side.
Converting from millimeter to meter can work similarly.
See the attached image for the Expression.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Jdogg
Newcomer
Cant GS make an option in the Zone Tool to use a Reference Level eg Sea Level ?
Hardly rocket science compared to the work around.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That would require a modification to the script of Zone Stamp library parts.
Make a wish for it and I will submit it to GRAPHISOFT.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

tranthainguyen
Newcomer
Hi LaszloNagy,

I tried your expression line but I still gets syntax error. It does not let me click OK. Am I missing something?

Thank you
LaszloNagy wrote:
Lingwisyer wrote:
I get a syntax error if I try to add the plain text after the calculation...

Can you get it to convert to meters when the length settings are set to millimetres?

Ling.

Here is a modified version of the Expression.
In the Dimension Units Dialog, Length Units have "Meters" set with 2 decimals.
So the Property would be: "6,00 m"

So I multiplied the "meter" value to get millimeters, then used the SPLIT function to cut the decimal separator and the 2 decimal places on its right side.
Converting from millimeter to meter can work similarly.
See the attached image for the Expression.
NGUYEN Tran
Architect & Urban Designer
www.syntaxpd.com
Imac 27" Core i7 2.8ghz l 4Gb Ram
MacPro 2011
AC 18 & 19 AUS

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you show me the exact expression as shown in the Property Manager?
Also, a few questions:
1. What are your settings in the Dimension Units Dialog, Length Units? And how many decimals?
2. Do you want the result to be displayed in mm? meter? feet?
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

ricki_faris
Participant
LaszloNagy wrote:
That would require a modification to the script of Zone Stamp library parts.
Make a wish for it and I will submit it to GRAPHISOFT.
I wish for this too!
Graphisoft Certified ArchiCAD BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 25
Windows 10

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!