Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Zone tool calculation to core elements

catrasca
Newcomer
I am trying to get my zones to calculate areas & info to the core elements of my walls (instead of the finish) and cannot find any settings to do so. Any ideas?
Daniel del Nido
AC6.0-AC19 AUS; Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't tried this but try changing your partial structural display options to core only and then edit: update zones

Just a guess, if not looks like you'll need to manually edit zone boundaries.

Just a query as to why you need this area, I have never needed to calculate this for any development

Best of luck

Scott
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Zone Boundary recognition algorithm does not take Partial Structure Display setting into consideration.
There is only three options: consider Wall faces as Zone Boundaries, consider Wall Reference Lines as Zone Boundaries, or draw Zone Boundaries manually.

I can see a wish here: provide additional Zone Boundary Recognition options for Zones:

1. Make them respond to changes in Partial Structure Display settings.
2. Option to consider inside face of Wall finishes as Zone Boundaries (so Finishes are calculated as part of Zone area).
3. Option to consider faces of Wall core as Zone Boundaries (so we can get Zone Areas with Structures only.
4. There may be more useful ones...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27