Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Zones. Wall Recesse problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Add wall Recesses to Zones" is not working properly then using "Custom corner" for windows.
We can see two rectangles in the corner, plus the column in the window area is not subtracted from zone.
The same in AC22 and AC23
Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Hello,

You probably need to be interested in the parameters of the zones
Option / Project Preferences / Zones

Did you check that?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
What do You mean "need to be interested" ?
Maybe Graphisoft should check this nonsense?

Are there any ideas how to solve this problem?
If I use "corner window", everything is OK, but window with custom corner is causing this problem.
PukisArch wrote:
What do You mean "need to be interested" ?
I mean "you have to check". It is just a quite wrong translation.
I do not use this kind of zone parameters because I prefer always using measured area.

Have you tried to check if this is a calculated area bug or simply a graphical representation bug?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue here and I am very sorry about the experience! I can understand the frustration that the defect has brought to you!

I can reproduce the issue in-house, thanks to your screenshot! It was extremely helpful with the investigation. It looks like a defect to me, but I will have our Technical Support Team to investigate it further. As soon as I have the conclusion, I will reach out to you!

Thank you very much for your understanding. I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

We have concluded the investigation. It turned out to be a defect that affects previous ARCHICAD versions as well. We have entered it into our database. I hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible!

Thank you for your understanding, and for your contribution to the forum! This is a rare bug!

I wish you all a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT