Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Zones and walls in interactive schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, have an interactive schedule that is using zones as the headlines and everything in that zone is being scheduled; objects, slabs etc. using their element ID and the layer they are on. For example, Bed 1 which is a zone lists layer 'Floor' and then the Element ID is 'carpet', and objects state basin, WC etc. for the bathroom. Everything is scheduled under the correct zone except walls which get scheduled outside of any zone, even if they are contained wholly within the zone. Can walls be scheduled under zones or is it not possible?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Wall Settings Dialog, what is the value of the "Relation to Zones" field?
Does it give you the desired result if you set it to "No Effect on Zones"?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
cracked it - I found one situation where it was working and that was because the room zone had changed so i set the existing zone to demolition and made a new zone on proposed and because the wall was proposed, the two matched up. most of the rooms don't change size which is why I've kept the zones on existing - i guess will have to set them all to demo and copy and add them to a proposed reno status.

i tried all of the wall relation to zone settings when building the schedule and none had any effect. its frustrating as the zones when set to existing picks up when a boundary wall to the zone has a window or door demolished/ added and the door or window is listed under the correct zone but it doesn't acknowledge under the zone if a wall is created within it. it picks up new beams, slabs, everything, just not walls unless i do the above. using it to create a basic schedule/ scope of works.

I don't think you need to go thru all the hassle of demo/build zones, some of this issues fix themselves with cutting and pasting the elements. This method fixes a few issues with zones and labels, if I know there's nothing wrong with the elements, cut and paste is my first approach. Also when I'm doing changes, I close the schedule and open again as it sometimes doesn't refresh the info properlly. Cheers!

Mac Studio 2022; Apple M1 Max; 64Gb LPDDR5
macOS Monterey 12.6.7
AC 26
iMac 27 2014; 3,4GHz quad core i5; 24Gb 1600 MHz DDR3; 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
AC 25
Make your life Custom not Standard. GDLing since 2018.