BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

add story levels from module?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
is is possible? In the attach I have verey differen story elevations in the host and in the hotlink. I see only the story levels from the host but would like to avoid drawing the story levels from the hotlinked file manually with lines and text...
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
+1 to this... I have two buildings with different floor to floor heights...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Section/Elevation will always display the Story Levels defined in the Project, but not the Hotlink.
You could create a wish for this.

Also, for documentation purposes, you could create a Section/Elevation in the source file of the hotlinked module, save it as a View, and placed that View on a Layout, along with the View of the other part of the building. This way you could put together 2 Views, each displaying their corresponding Story Lines.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
LaszloNagy wrote:
The Section/Elevation will always display the Story Levels defined in the Project, but not the Hotlink.
You could create a wish for this.

Also, for documentation purposes, you could create a Section/Elevation in the source file of the hotlinked module, save it as a View, and placed that View on a Layout, along with the View of the other part of the building. This way you could put together 2 Views, each displaying their corresponding Story Lines.
+1
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Lingwisyer
Guru
LaszloNagy wrote:

The issue with this is the buildings interaction with your site. If your site is sloped or you have below ground stories, this goes from being troublesome to broken as your story grids may now get hidden under your site.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!