BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

adjusting dimension in plan view

dhnguyen
Contributor
It's so hard for me to take a simple dimension, let's say 3'-0", and I want to take the tick mark and move it over to make it 3'-3". In AutoCAD I can just simply grab the tick mark and move freely, how do I do it here in ArchiCAD?

Also once a dimension is placed, I want to be able to grab it and move it back and forth, wherever I want, how do I do that?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
2 REPLIES 2
This might be a useful video for you: http://www.shoegnome.com/2012/10/25/tips-tricks-and-cheats-archicad-dimensions/
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Karl Ottenstein
You're going to have to leave your 2D AutoCAD thinking behind. While you CAN have 'static' dimensions in ARCHICAD, which are stand-alone graphic elements, the dimension tool is best used to dimension a building (or graphic) element - in which case it is 'associated' with that element.

If your 3'-0" dimension is of a 3'-0" wall ... you would stretch the wall to be 3'-3" for the dimension to reflect the new length. (In Revit, you could edit the dimension and then the wall would be adjusted to match the dimension. ARCHICAD doesn't have that capability.)

The pet palette will let you drag and move the dimension, change the leader line length, and more. It is all in the Help with illustrations.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!