Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

annotation elements

Mac_the_arc
Booster

Please help, I though I had understood this. Im  both a Refit user and Archicad user. In refit dimensions, fills, lines etc are view specific, however in my current Archicad project it seems these are linked to the model, so if I create a fill in one view it appears in all the views. Am I missing something obvious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

that was the conclusion I was getting to, but surely there must be a better way of annotating a view up without having to revert to multiple layers, it must get messy when you need working drawings, planning drawings, building warrant drawings, client drawings all with slightly different ways of presenting the information. Some things (but not all) seem much easier in Refit.

thanks for your help though.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Mac_the_arc,

With BIM softwares all attributes are linked to the model. Please can you explain on what subject you are blocked so that we can guide you ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Mac_the_arc
Booster

hi, im trying to create views with specific dimensions, fills, lines linked to that view only, so that they don't appear in all views. 

Why not just use layers?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Solution

that was the conclusion I was getting to, but surely there must be a better way of annotating a view up without having to revert to multiple layers, it must get messy when you need working drawings, planning drawings, building warrant drawings, client drawings all with slightly different ways of presenting the information. Some things (but not all) seem much easier in Refit.

thanks for your help though.

@Mac_the_arc wrote:

but surely there must be a better way of annotating a view up without having to revert to multiple layers, it must get messy when you need working drawings, planning drawings, building warrant drawings, client drawings all with slightly different ways of presenting the information.

Not at all.

If you want different annotation for different plans (views), you simply have different layers.

I do the same for annotation at different scales, because usually it will be more (or less) detailed and in text/dimensions in different positions to suit the scale of the plan.

Then you simply set up a layer combination for working drawings that turns on the working drawing annotation (and other annotation layers off).

Another combination for planning drawings.

Another for building warrant drawings, etc.

You can also turn other layers (walls, slabs, roofs site meshes, etc.) on/off as well to suit each type of drawing.

Then create your views for each drawing and assign the correct layer combination to it.

As well as the correct scale. pen set, graphic override, renovation filter, etc., so you get exactly the drawing that you want.

Once it is all set up it is done.

If you need to change the layer combination for any reason, all views using that combination will change automatically.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11