Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

any rendering-animation program best fit archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I am considering to choose a rendering-animation program,
now Maya seems cannot directly import PLN files (I worry losing some PLN data especially material and layers).
Enscape seems(1) seamless with ARchicad, but (2) seems need to assign material again? (3)not sure can give the same effect of rendering-animation as Maya or Cinema4D...
Please advice whic rendering program can both achieve seamless with PLN meanwhile have a best rendring-animation effect?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein
Hi. I've moved your post to the Presentation/Rendering/Multimedia forum.

Is there a reason you are not considering TwinMotion?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Solution
Karl Ottenstein
Hi. I've moved your post to the Presentation/Rendering/Multimedia forum.

Is there a reason you are not considering TwinMotion?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK I compare ENS and TWM,
Thanks Karl,
jl_lt
Ace
Hi, i dont know what kind of quality your looking for. If its professional looking super realistic images for selling projects you might want to export to 3ds and work in 3dmax. The model translates perfectly, and yes, you have to map in 3dmax, but then you can use Vray.

If you need good but fast rendering for inhouse output i would definitely recomend Enscape or Twinmotion, both of which can get spectacular results albeit less realistic than what you can get with Vray. Lumion is probably still better but needs higher end computers.
Podolsky
Ace
You can try Maxwell Render. It can render directly from ArchiCAD, converts ArchiCAD materials into Maxwell Render materials, ArchiCAD materials can be mapped to more advanced Maxwell Materials. Also very interesting software is Felix Render. It's based on cloud computing (so, no need powerful computer, all render computations happens on render farms servers). You don't need to buy Felix Render, it works on principle 'pay as you render'. Felix is using Maxwell as render core, it also has huge online library of objects (cars, trees, furniture, materials).

Both packages give super-realistic images.
jl_lt
Ace
hadnt heard of Felix. looks amazing
Podolsky
Ace
Actually I forgot to mention Blender. It's the best animation software just because it's absolutely free. The last version had very good updates in rendering quality, user interface and modelling technique.
Anonymous
Not applicable
(I got it, the below content is solved)

Hello all,
I want to make an animation showing construction sequence (layer by layer droping down) m similar as Naviswork for RVT, as below:

I have alreay set all layers (which are 50 layers for thousands of elements to show a complicated construction sequences) ,
and don't want to set again in the rendering program, which is supposed to turn on and off these layers in this rendering program,

so:
Which above mentioned software (enscape, lumion, Twm, Maxon...) can achieve this?

Thanks
Podolsky
Ace
You need to use animation program for that. Lumion, Twinmotion or Artlantis is not working here. Something like Blender, Maya, Softimage, 3DS Max and similar can do this job. You also need to export each layer separately (in total 50 exports). And collect these 50 files in one animation project file - importing 50 times. For each layer there you need to set needed parameters.

Also possible, that if you save the whole file as 3DS mesh in ArchiCAD, that will create 3d studio objects by Layers-Surfaces - you probably don't need export 50 different files.
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Lumion, Twinmotion or Artlantis is not working here
quick correction - lumion and twinmotion can both do simple animations, i'm not sure about artlantis.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk