Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

archiBam 3D trees from the garden works library: unlocked!

Hello everyone,

I have been on a search for sometime now to find out who created these trees, and up until now I have had not luck. Aaron Bourgoin contacted me about one of my objects recently and while we were talking we got on the subject of the trees and he got me in contact with the right people. I have been given the unlocked trees to modify and share! I can give them to anyone who would also like to see them. they are currently in german. in order for me to share them i have been asked to collect names and emails of the people i share them with. These trees have great potential but need to have some updates and options added. Pm me if you are interested. lets all start pitching in and making archicad even better!!
19 REPLIES 19

Barry beat me to it.

Also the preset are just a starting point. The library comes with a lot of surfaces for bark, leaves, flowers etc and the object itself is a clever array tool that scatters and scales simple shapes that you can apply clever surfaces to.

With contours on, it looks a bit messy, but the renders are reasonably quick and with contours off they look fine too.

The trunks are a bit narrow and seem to spew out errors on some Archicad versions (I think 21 and 22, not sure now, I don't get them on 23).

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Found it . . . thanks, Barry

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

Thanks again, Erwin.

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

Thanks again, Erwin

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

@Erwin Edel wrote:

We are using the massivator library found here: https://youtu.be/b5_QGzv6RHQ

It gives pretty good results in both cinerender and OpenGL if you hide the contours.

Thanks for sharing this link to the free Massivator library, @Erwin Edel !

This is remarkably clever with good results also for BIMx.  Graphisoft should hire this woman!

Note to others in case this info helps … the text description of the library with the download link does not appear for me on my mobile device’s YouTube app… but does show up in my desktop browser from the link that Erwin posted,   Also,  my desktop browser offers an English translation of the Russian audio via captions as described by Barry and Erwin in this thread.  But, the YouTube app on my iPad only offers the Russian captions.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Karl: You wrote ". . . the text description of the library with the download link . . . . does show up in my desktop browser . . . "

I'm not totally clear what the text description is, and where it's found (or if it's even useful). My browser is Safari, and I'm using MacOS 10.13.6. All I can find is what Google Drive shows in the screenshot below.

Normally wouldn't be bothered with such trivia, but this library is pretty cool. I did find the English translation of the Russian audio captions.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.49.30 AM.png
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

I meant the text description of the video... which included the link to the Google drive download... does show up on my desktop browser... so I could get to the download page that you show from there.  From my iPad/Safari, that description and the link did not show... only user comments.  Weird.  Sorry for the confusion.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you, Karl . . . . then I'm not missing anything.

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

There should be small V-shaped arrow at the bottom right below the video that unfolds as the description on mobile devices, I think.

Not entirely related, but I only discovered this excellent youtube channel through an article on the Graphisoft website: https://graphisoft.com/case-studies/Archicad-revisiting

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

@Erwin Edel That is a fantastic article!  It is perhaps the best overview of the power of CineRender/Cineware that I have seen... and yet somehow I'd never seen it, or most of the other case studies in that part of the Graphisoft web site! 🤔 Strange that there are no dates (that I can see) on any of the articles either...

Svetlana Kravchenko is a rock star.  Thanks for pointing all of us to this and her videos. 🙂