Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

archicad 11 slow rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everybody!!!

I am new to this forum, I am happy to find out that finally I can talk with some one about my archicad problem...

here it is:

as soon I got the ARCHICAD 11, I have noticed that the rendering in archicad 11 is very slow then in archicad 10?

and I just bought a QUADCORE intel, I was hoping that it will render very fast, but all 4 processors render with 25 % usage....
is there any add on, for QUADCORE, FORE RENDERING IN ARCHICAD 11?
thank you all!!!!

george
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
There are new sun settings in Archicad 11 that can slow rendering relative to Archicad 10.

Realistic Sun Shader is the usual culprit.

My book has a supplement to cover the critical changes to Archicad 11 that affect render quality and aren't highlighted in Graphisoft's documentation.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check you have set the anti-aliasing to one notch below best, otherwise it won't use all cores available.

Also be aware that using the sky object with the realistic setting on will also slow down any rendering, but it does look much better imho. Try reducing the number of samples to the minimum acceptable level. (or set it to quick method if the quality is good enough for you.)

The same applies to the built-in sun, reduce the number of samples to the level just before it start pixelating at the edge of the shadows.