Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

auto-scalable object (2D symbol) | scale independent (paper size)

CharlesC
Contributor

Hello community, 

Newbie question here, I'm looking for a way to create a scalable 2D symbol. In my case its a '' + '' that I want it to change scale accordingly to the scale I'm in. Exactly like a symbol line set to ''scale independent'' (paper size). 

regards, 

Charles C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

As far as I am aware I don't think Param-O can easily use the GDL Global Variables, and it isn't the best tool for creating advanced GDL objects. Try searching for the GDL Cookbook by David Nicholson-Cole on the 'net. I think it is sourced at Nottingham.ac.uk. It's a bit out of date but as an introduction to GDL it is a great starter. This STARTING OUT by Graphisoft may be of interest too.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

If you have any knowledge of GDL that is an easy challenge if you know how to apply the GLOB_SCALE variable, or, if you are working on plan you could just use the Level Dimension tool with the cross hairs and assign a blank to the numeric value.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Unfortunalty I don't... I was afraid it would required this kind of knowledge... Anyplaces to start learning GDL ? will param-o replace this way of scripting?

Regards, 

-CC

Solution

As far as I am aware I don't think Param-O can easily use the GDL Global Variables, and it isn't the best tool for creating advanced GDL objects. Try searching for the GDL Cookbook by David Nicholson-Cole on the 'net. I think it is sourced at Nottingham.ac.uk. It's a bit out of date but as an introduction to GDL it is a great starter. This STARTING OUT by Graphisoft may be of interest too.